[3] Oikawa » Wait For You «

Requested by FancyClazzy

WARNING:
This one shot contains (or implies) a student-teacher romance so, if such stories make you feel uncomfortable, I advice you not to read any further.

_________________________________________

You didn't know what to do. Day by day, your feelings grew. You had a crush on your homeroom teacher, Oikawa Tooru.

He's friendly with his students and he's always excited everytime he enters the class. At the same time, he's very strict when he's helping out with the Boy's Volleyball Club. His focus and passion for the sport amazed you.

His happy face, serious face, funny face.. There's so many sides of him and you want to know more.

No wonder he's so popular with the students. The girls are always flocking around him. The boys respect him.

"I wish I could just tell him.." you mumbled while you checked the notebooks in front of you, making sure everyone has passed up their notes.

"Tell who?"

You jumped at the deep mellow voice. When you turned your head, Oikawa was already standing next to you. His usual smile was intact.

You just shook your head so many times that it made you dizzy! No words can come out of your mouth.

"Ahaha~" To you ears, his laugh was angelic. It made your stomach do gymnastics on the inside. "You teenagers.. You can ask me for tips about getting your crush, you know~"

"It's not a crush!"

"Eh~ boyfriend?"

"No!"

Tears formed at the corner of your eyes. Oikawa is known to casually tease his students. It's how he interacts with practically everybody.

But, you're different! You're in love with this young man!

Your heart can't take it.

"Hey, I was just teasing.. I'm just saying that as long as it doesn't bother your studies, just go for it! You're teenagers after all~"

"E-Even if he's older than me?"

"Ah, a senpai?!" Oikawa patted your head. "You got good eyes, [Lastname]-chan!"

You blushed.

"Well.. Ah.. W-What are you doing here, sensei?" you changed the topic. It was after school session and everyone else has gone home.

"Oh, I forgot my phone in the teacher's drawer!"

"Eh? That's dangerous! What if someone took it!"

"Don't mind~ don't mind~" he chuckled. He went to check the drawer and found his phone there. He briefly checked his messages before putting it into his pocket.

There was a silence between you. Most of the time, you won't even be able to get this close to him without being trampled by a herd of fangirls. Your eyes shifted, looking at his smiling figure. It was as if he was expecting you to say something.

Then..

"W-What if the one I like is a teacher?"

Oikawa's eyes widened at your question. You were also surprised because you just blurted it out of nowhere!

He crosses his arms on his chest before saying, "That would be a problem then. Teachers can't date their student."

Your heart sank at that. You thought that it does make sense. You'll be a hindrance to him if you confess.

"I see.." you smiled. Or at least, you tried to. "It would definitely be troublesome."

You looked down. Why did you have to fall for the wrong person? Someone that you can't be with. Just from this simple conversation, you're heart is already broken.

"I have to send these to the staffroom. I-"

A hand stopped you from picking up the notebooks. Another was gently placed on your cheek.

You looked up.

Oikawa had a look in his eyes that you've never seen before.

"If it's like this, I also have to wait until you graduate to confess, huh.."

"Eh?"

He could tell. The way you look at him has always been different. But, he know what it means because..

He looks at you the same way too.

Your eyes gleamed with that new hope.

Ah, the warm fluttery feeling is back.

What is this..

_________________________________________

After the original upload, a lot of you guys left really funny comments about Oikawa being a teacher. I had lots of fun reading them!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed~ do tell me what you think, okay 💕

~kimmie_ryren
Original upload: [14/04/2019]
Re-upload: [05/09/2020]