Ch. 6: Aftermath

Lizzie was in the hospital for two more days before she was released with strict orders from her doctors to rest and relax. Whether she listened to the doctors orders or not was a different story entirely.

"Liz," Booth scolded her as she tried to move around her apartment, "You know the doctors want you to take it easy." "Yes Booth," She replied with a sigh. "I know what the doctors said, but we have cases to solve and I need to be there."

"Not after you've just had major surgery!!" Booth looked at her with worry in his eyes, images of her bloodstained clothes still burned into his mind. "Liz, you took a gunshot to the stomach, I think you've earned a week off." 

 Standing there, looking at each other, Booth and Lizzie were reminded of that night and the stressful time that followed. "I know that you are scared about what happened to me, but if I let people like Jacob think that I will let anything come before bringing them to justice, then I will be accepting a world where people can make each other cower in fear at every shadow over their shoulder!!" Her voice had risen to a desperate cry by the end of her speech. 

Lizzie felt the tears beginning to sting her eyes so she turned her back to Booth so he wouldn't see. Booth was too caring for that however. He spun her around and pulled her into a gentle embrace. 

The pair stood there, unmoving for a while, just relishing the feel of having each other in their arms. 

Booth pulled back and looked Lizzie straight in her eyes. "I can't watch you fall again, Liz. I'm not strong enough..." 

Looking up at him, her heart swelled and she leaned up to press her lips to his. The tender moment between them lifted both of their hearts and tied their bond tighter. 

"Okay Boothy," she sighed as she broke away from the kiss, "I will stay here for 2 weeks, then I am back in the office with you. Deal?" A smile lit up Booth's face and he happily replied "Deal!" 

A/N: Hey guys sorry, I know its short but finals are killing me!! Enjoy my lovelies, and I will try to update more often. There will be a bit more crime in the next chapter... (insert evil laugh here)!!!! :)