Chapter 6

The rest of the evening Velkan, Angelique and Anna sat around the armory discussing a plan on how to capture the werewolf and kill it; before it had the chance to kill anymore villagers or the last two remaining of the Valerious bloodline.

"We shall gather the brave men of our village. Then we shall all venture into the woods, where the beast likes to lurk. I'll then make myself look like a sacrifice tied to a wooden pole waiting for the werewolf to come out of hiding. Once it does, I will then shoot it with the silver bullets from my gun," Velkan explained to his two sisters.

"And what exactly are Anna and I supposed to do, wait here in the manor while you put not only yourself, but others in danger as well? I think not. It is too risky to let you go out in the woods all on your own," Angelique said while shaking her head at her brother.

"I can go along too! I can hide in the woods along with the others who come with us. We can wait for Velkan's signal to spring the tramp to capture the werewolf. That way he won't be able to run away; and we won't risk any of the villagers getting bitten by the werewolf either," Anna said.

"And what about me? What role do I get to play in all of this? Do I to get to go out to the woods and help take down the werewolf? Or are you both going to force me to stay behind, while you two are out there risking your lives," Angelique asked.

"You are going to stay here in the manor. You're going to wait for us to return," Velkan replied.

"Are you serious? Who is going to protect you and Anna out there while the both of you faceoff with a werewolf," Angelique asked.

"As much as it pains you not to be there to protect us, you need to stay here. One of the reasons being, the sun is unpredictable. If it comes out, you are done for. Two, is if the werewolf manages to get away from us, then he will go back to Dracula and most likely tell him all about you helping us. We can't risk that happening. That is why you are going to stay put, and wait for us to come back," Velkan said.

Angelique rolled her eyes at her brother. "Fine. As much as I hate your plan; I can play it your way. But if you get hurt, I'm going to let loose on you. I also won't let you out of my sight for as long as you live."

"I can deal with that," Velkan replied.

"When do we put this plan into action," Anna asked.

"A few days from now. The blacksmith is hard at work making our trap to capture the werewolf safely," Velkan said catching the glare of his sister Angelique.

"I still think you're being foolish for making me stay home. But it's your plan. So, I'll have to go along with it to make you happy," Angelique said before walking away to a dark place to keep her safe while she slept.

Anna turned to look at her brother. "You are waiting for a day when the sun is shining bright, so that way Angelique has no choice, but to stay here in the manor."

"It's for the best, Anna. We can't risk Dracula or his brides coming out and attacking us, or make her turn against us, while we are dealing with the werewolf," Velkan said before walking away.

Anna shook her head at her older brother. I hope for your sake, Angelique doesn't figure out what you are doing. If she does, then you won't hear the end of it from her, Anna thought to herself making her way to her room for the night.

Dracula paced the room in the castle, wondering what was going on with his newest bride. While he was pacing back and forth, Dracula could not help but wonder, if he had made a mistake by allowing her to venture out on her own. Granted it had been several hours, but he was expecting to hear something back from her right of way.