By The Way

I was tying my right shoe when I heard my name called. "I'm almost done, hold on!" I screamed back.

This was the third time he's called for me in less than 2 minutes. I quickly picked up the brush and put it through my mid-length brown hair. It was just a medium brown, but if you had to chose between light brown and dark brown, it would be dark brown. Then tried to cover up my slight freckles with some make-up. It didnt work. I looked into the mirror at my big, blue eyes. Okay.

"Shaylee!" Now my brother, Wyatt, was standing in my doorway.

"Okay, I'm ready now, let's go" I said with a little smile.

I have no idea why I was so happy, considering how I was on my way to school. I guess I'm a morning person.

When I got into school I immediately found my two best friends. "Hey!" I said taking a seat by them. I've figured out that they aren't as big as a morning person as me, but they are better than most of the people at our school. They smiled back and we only had a couple seconds before the bell rang. I small talked with some of my friends in the hall. Until it finally got to lunch. I waited for one of my best friends,Lilli, and we walked in the lunch line together. We watched as tons of guys walked in and formed a huge circle around other guys that were at the head of line. We scoffed. Wow.

Getting our food, we sat down at our table, joining Scarlet. Scarlet had redish brown hair. Kinda like Ariana Grande but with brown. We started eating whenever this guy named Ethan walked by smiling and slightly waving. "Hey Shaylee"

"Hi" I whispered. He had blonde hair with a hint of brown, we talked sometimes during class, since we both don't have friends in it and we are seated by each other.

"Ooooh! Somebody likes yooouuuu!" Scarlet said.

"No!" I said back. She always does this. But I guess that's because I don't really talk to guys often. But that's because the guys that go here aren't very..nice.

"Okaayy.." She said not seeming convinced, but I wasn't gonna argue over it.

***

My brother and my friend, Scarlet, are in marching band. So, I have to drive down to wherever they're playing to watch. Today it happened to be 3 hours away in a big city called Northcrest. I stopped in at a milkshake place, which was really crowded but since I love milkshakes so much I decided to stay.

The only spots left were in the front on the bar, stools. So I took I seat there and ordered. When the waitress walked off, this handsome guy maybe a year older than me sat beside me.

He had plain brown hair, the kind that makes you want to pet it. With tan skin and dark brown eyes. He looked like one of the popular guys at school. It made me kinda of nervous. I was trying to look anywhere but him, but it was really hard, especially when I felt him looking at me. I halfway looked at him, and gave a weak smile then looked away again. He gave a faint laugh then I heard him say, "You're funny. What's your name?"

I looked at him, almost shocked, but I tried not to show it. "I'm Shaylee"

"Pretty name"

"Thank you." I could almost feel myself blush, "What's yours?"

"I'm Garrett"

"Nice to meet you" I said with a fake smile. Wondering if that was the end of the conversation, I was debating whether to look away but I was thankfully saved when the waitress asked for his order. When she was done Garrett continued on, "Are you from here?"

"Oh," I said, "No"

"I didn't think so, where are you from?"

"I'm around 3 hours away. It's close to Centerview.."

"That's really cool. I go down there a lot, since most of my family lives there."

"Sweet. And I'm guessing your from here?"

"Yeah, just a few towns over." He said with a smile

Then the waitress came with both of our milkshakes, "Here you go," She said with a noticable fake smile and walked away.

We both didn't talk, and just finished our milkshakes. I finished a little before he did, but since I had a hard time finding money to leave a tip, we ended up walking out at the exact same time.

I was walking to my car whenever I heard, "See ya around, Shaylee!" he half yelled

"See ya," I said in my normal voice back. I got into the car, and ended up thinking about what happened back there for the rest of the night.

***

A/N

haha, it was really short. And probably really terrible. I'll try to make them way longer than this one. Umm okay byeeee! (: xx