"ɪ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴍ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ" - ᴘᴛ 2 / sᴍᴜᴛ

𝐒𝐦𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

"y/n I said drop it" she says. "Why do you hate me?" I ask her again. Billie let's a breathe out but doesn't say anything. "I'm not gonna stop-"

"I said because I'm in love with you. Fuck, is that what you wanted to hear?!"

What?

"Billie..."

"No bro just don't talk to me" Billie say getting up and going upstairs, I'm guessing to finneas and Claudia's bedroom.

She can't be serious. She hated me all this time... because she's in love with me? That can't be right.

I was in mid thought before hearing the front door open seeing Claudia and finneas walk in. "Hey- where's Billie?Oh god you didn't actually-"

"No finneas. She went upstairs somewhere... I uh think I should go though" I start to get up making Claudia confused. "Why? What did she say to you this time?" She sighs. "N-nothing it's just getting late and I should go home before it gets to dark to drive" Claudia nods her head before pulling me in a hug. "Drive safe please" she mumbles after releasing me  "I will"

I hugged Finneas too and while I walked down the hallway leading to their front door, I saw Billie come down the stairs before I opened the door. It looked like she was crying. Was she actually being serious?

We held eye contact for a good few seconds before I left.

And the rest of the night that was all I thought about.

It was the next morning and Billie's words were still stuck in my mind. I looked at my phone seeing Claudia texted asking if I could come over again. I know for a fact Billie's there right now because she always spends the night. I definitely don't need to be seeing her again anytime soon so I told Claudia I was going to be busy all day.

I went to go back to sleep trying to get rid of my thoughts.

Ding-dong

My eyes opened after seconds of them being closed. I got out of my bed walking to open the door downstairs.

"Who is I- oh... hi" I opened the door and it was Billie standing there in a all grey matching hoodie and sweatpants. "Hi, can I come in?" Her voice was soft talking to me. That's a first. I nodded my head letting her in.

"Is Claudia okay? Is something wrong?"

"She's fine... why?"

"I just thought that would be why you'd be here. Anything other than that, you would never come here" I say making her sigh. "True... but I wanted to talk to you about what I said yesterday-"

"No need. You were joking I get it. I don't care if you hate me anymore cause I'm honestly over it now. We're both 18 and I'm going to be the mature one and just stop whatever the fuck we have going on-"

"It wasn't a joke y/n" Billie says looking down. Her face was red.

Oh. She really wasn't joking. Which weirdly made me feel happy.

"And please don't... end what we have. I know your tired of all this back and forth shit cause I am too. Trust me"

Before I could say anything to her, she started to speak on a totally different topic.

"Are you gonna be at finneas house later?" She asked. "I wasn't..." because I was avoiding you. "But I guess I will" Billie nodded her head before leaving. Was that it?
"I'll see you later then"