Disclosure

Life is indeed complex, confusing and uncertain and this complexity, confusion and uncertainty persists. After those two instances I had learnt a good lesson that is not to develop an emotional attachment towards the person whom you barely know, as any such thing will lead to nothing but sheer astonishment. That very day, after returning home, I tried to engage myself in different activities but I was not able to forget what had happened to me. Video games didn't help nor did reading, even the music, which is my best companion, betrayed. The solitude which I always enjoy seemed to attack me with past memories and I started thinking why did she meet me again if she could not tell me anything? And with that came the question why she refused to recognise me? The more I tried to find answer to these questions, the more complex and difficult it became. Of course, these were the questions which could not just be answered by random guesses, so I decided not to waste my time doing that as it would not serve any purpose.At 9 pm I got a text from my friend who wanted to meet me near Chuck-e-Cheese's. I thought it to be a good escape from the situation but could not go as I was very much disturbed, moreover I didn't want to spoil his time and mood so I texted him to inform that I'll be coming the next day. I told my friend about the incident, he however was very causal after listening everything, he didn't react much. He suggested me to get some sleep as sleep would reduce all the confusion and tension. I kept pondering over that not because I wanted to but because I was not able to take that out from my mind. I tried to follow my friend's advice but it seemed as if I had forgotten how to sleep.As was decided I went near Chuck-e-Cheese's the next evening not only to escape from the dreadful situation but also to share all this with my friend. I went to the place where my friend was already waiting and with him was the person whom I had never met. The girl who was with my friend wanted to eat something as she did not have her dinner so we all drove towards the restaurant in Downtown. On our way my friend introduced me to his friend, Aairah, who also was a student of literature. We got embroiled in a conversation, talked about various things; on reaching there we continued the conversation after ordering the food and drinks. I felt a little better as I was no longer thinking about that incident. I told them everything and they advised me to forget it as they thought it would lead to further deterioration of my health. After sometime Aairah got a call from someone, she informed us that one more person will soon be joining us whom I thought to be her friend but she turned out to be her sister. I wanted to leave as I had some work but they requested me to stay for sometime so that I can meet the person but when no one came I decided to leave. As I reached near the main door I saw the same girl again; she didn't see me at all. I ignored her and as I was trying to get out of there discretely I was stopped by Aairah who asked me to wait as her sister had come. I went back to the table and had a ground shaking experience when I realised that Aairah's sister was none other than the mysterious girl. As she introduced we both looked at each other astonished, she immediately ran away from there as she saw me. I wondered why she always behaved like that whenever we came across each other. Till now both Aairah and my friend were unaware of what was happening, they were also stunned when I explained them the entire thing. Aairah promised me and assured that she will talk to her sister and will try to know the reason behind that abominable behaviour. She somehow convinced her to come back and tell the reason, initially she did not utter a word but after asking several times she said something which again gave everyone a surprise. She told me that I resembled the person whom she had loved more than her life but was heartbroken when she lost him as he died of pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.When she saw me for the first time she thought that he had come back but soon realised the truth. She said "that was the reason why I ran away without saying anything from Central Park and that was the reason I refused to recognise you at Corniche. I was ignoring you because I could see the feeling in your eyes which could have later transformed into love." saying this she started weeping and her voice started shivering. I paid attention to each and every word she said and could hardly say anything as I didn't know what to say. As she was preparing to leave, I said "you could've told all this to me the very first day we met." We both looked at each other; her demure eyes spoke volumes of her innocence and decency because of which respect for her got developed more in my eyes. I could feel her pain; I tried to console her, promising to be with her always and that from then she'll never have to experience sorrow all alone.