Scandelous

I had Nigel drive us out to a secluded spot in the woods. There's an area where the trees opened up towards the end of a path and revealed a small stream. Since the sky was clear and the moon was out, the scenery was even more beautiful than it was when I first came out a few weeks back.

Michael walked silently behind me. If it wasn't for the crunching of the leaves under our shoes as we walked, I would've thought he had left because he was so quiet.

"Nothing to say now?" I asked, not even turning to look at him. We came to a stop along side the water. "Because you seemed to have wanted to talk earlier."

"I just wanted to apologize." He spoke up. "....And if you're willing, I would like to work on our marriage. I still love you, Kennedy, and I still want to be with you."

I turned to face him. "I put Raé up to it." I confessed. "I told her to distract you and then invite you out to my event."

"Excuse me?" Michael tilted his head slightly to the side as if he couldn't hear. "You did what?"

"I set this up," I repeated nonchalantly.

"So why are you so mad?" His voice raised a little. He was clearly upset and confused. It was written all over his face.

"I didn't tell her to screw my husband." I snapped. "In fact, I went as far as to tell her not to even touch you. That's why I'm mad. Plus, you went right along with it. I should've knocked the shit out of you, not her."

"You are-" He shook his head and laughed.

"I'm what?" I asked taking a step closer to him. "Hmm? What exactly am I, Michael?!"

"UNBELIEVABLE!!" He shouted. "That's what you are!!! You insist on pushing me away and then you do shady shit like this?? What's your problem, really?"

"YOU'RE MY PROBLEM!!" I shouted back. "I'm this, I'm that. Well have you ever thought about how I got this way? YOU did this to me!"

"No, no, no! Don't put that all on me!" He shot back. "You knew what you were getting into when we first started dating."

"Lie again, Michael." I laughed. "You didn't tell me a damn thing about your money scheming ass until you had me and Marissa right where you wanted us, under your lock and key."

"Yet you stayed." He replied with the shrug of his shoulders. "And you continue to come back. So what does that say about you?"

I couldn't help but laugh at how arrogant he was being. "It says that I'm smart." I smiled. "And that you're not the only one who can play games. After all, you're the one who taught me everything I needed to know and then some."

"Why are we here?" He asked. I could tell his patience was starting to grow thin but I didn't care.

"You're my husband and I love you, but until you can learn to respect me, this, we, will not work." I explained. "No matter how many times I stand by your side and do what you say, you always find a way to blatantly disrespect me. You're quick to hold things over my head, such as the house and the money. Money that I helped make. Then after our last fight, I asked you to leave, but what do you do instead? You bring women in and out as if it was nothing. You thought I didn't see the parade of women you had going in and out the house throughout all hours of the night?"

"I...." He tried to answer but he seemed to be at a loss for words.

"Cat got your tongue?" I laughed. "I haven't even gotten to the good part yet! I am going to build myself up, without your help or money. I have my own connections and there's nothing you can do or say to stop me. If you try anything that could potentially jeopardize what I have going, you will pay dearly."