The Dragon's Call Part 2

Chapter Two: The Dragon's Call Part 2:

ARTHUR'S P.O.V:

First it was the Princess, who by the way has gotten hotter since her last visit. She was fifteen at the time. I wonder what she's doing in Camelot? Never mind that. I just had a commoner, tell me what to do. That's just not cool. He said his name was Merlin.

"So I don't know you." I said, answering his statement/question. He looks at me, quite confused really.

"No." he confirmed. He sounded unsure.

"Yet, you called me 'friend'." Why would a commoner call me a friend? I was higher up then anybody.

"That was my mistake." he admitted. Finally, we were getting somewhere.

"Yes, I think so." My knights were snickering behind me. That's the only thing they knew how to did to be honest. But don't tell them that.

"Yeah. I'd never have a friend who could be such an ass." he snickered. He is really starting to cross the line. My knights "ooohhhedd" behind me. He then had the nerves to walk away. WALK. AWAY.

I snorted before my response, "Or I one who could be so stupid." I retaliated. Ah, that made him stop. "Tell me, Merlin, do you know how to walk on your knees?" I asked him. This should teach him a lesson of who not to mess with.

"No." he answered. Thought so.

"Would you like me to help you?" I was being arrogant. I was well aware. I just hope the Princess was nowhere near.

"I wouldn't if I were you." he replied. Was he threatening me? Was a COMMONER threatening ME. Royalty?

I chuckled a little, having to breath deeply to stop myself from going into a full laughing fit. "Why? What are you going to do to me?" I asked. He didn't scare me. But the kid sure did have a large mouth.

"You have no idea." he said. Haha, this was getting rich.

"Be my guest! Come on! Come on! Come on!" I dragged it out. But I wasn't prepared for the swing that came from him. Obviously he didn't know who I was. I heard my knights "whoaing" behind my back.

"I'll have you thrown in jail for that." I said, my playful demeanor now gone.

"What, who do you think you are? The King?" he asked, his voice spitting venom.

"No. I'm his son, Arthur." I feel him tense, when my suspicions were confirmed. He didn't actually know who I was. I take him out at the knees. The perimeter patrol coming to take him to the dungeons.

"Now if you'll excuse me. I have apparently been summoned to the court. Wish me luck boys! I'm going to try my hand at the beautiful Princess Eliza of Viaco." I did a dramatic bow, and jogged from the training grounds, making my way to the court room.

When I got there, the council had already started.

"My apologies for being late father. I was tied up with the knights at the training grounds. Princess." I stopped and bowed respectively. She raised an eyebrow in suspicion. I took my place next to my father on his right hand, Morgana already having her place on his left, her maidservant Guinevere behind her.

"Continue, Princess Eliza." my father gave her the go ahead.

"King Uther, Viaco has been a strong ally for many years, and Camelot is thought of as the same I assure you. But I am sure you have heard of the recent passing of my father and attack of Viaco?" she asked. Wait, her father passed?

"Yes, I have. I am sorry for your loss Eliza. But what has this to do with us?" he asked. He was going to help her surely.

"With no one but a few knights, myself and my maidservant Madeline surviving, I'm afraid that the Royal House of Viaco is no more, and that maybe we could stay here for a few nights until we are healthy enough to leave for the Western Borders in a couple of days." she finished.