Valiant Part 1

Valiant:

I walked into the merchant, Develin's shop. He motioned for me to come behind the counter. I did as he said.

"With your swordcraft and this shield, I guarantee you will win." he said, obviously trying to hide the fear that he felt from me. I tried to ignore it the best I could.

"Show me how it works." I demanded.

"Certainly." he said. "Tharanai im bis entra ofra honra stolle." his eyes flashed gold, and three snakes slither out of the shield. "When you're competing in the tournament, you pin your opponent under the shield, a snake strikes. Your opponent will be paralysed." Develin hands me the shield. "The snakes are now under your command. They will do anything that you tell them to do." I was surprised.

"Anything?" I asked, still trying to believe my luck.

"Just say the word." We both laugh afterwards. Then I turned serious.

"Kill him." I ordered. Develin's face fell as a snake strikes against him.

The next morning I ride for Camelot and place my helmet and seal on the registration table.

"Knight Valiant of the Western Isles. I'm here for the tournament." I stated, as if it wasn't obvious enoh already.

"Welcome to Camelot." he won't be saying that for much longer.

ARTHUR'S P.O.V:

"Ready?" I asked Merlin, who looked hopeless in armour. It was actually pretty priceless.

"Would it make any difference if I said no?" he asked, I could hear a small amount of sarcasm coming from my man-servant. I looked up at the castle once, startled to see that Eliza was watching from one of the castle turrets. I turned back to Merlin before answering.

"Not really." I answered, trying to hide the laughter I felt in my voice. He draws his sword. Mere seconds afterwards, not giving Merlin any time to fix his handling on the sword, I attacked.

"Body. Shield. Body. Shield." I ordered. Every time I said one of those, I attacked the area that I said.

"Shield." Merlin grunted out. I had no idea what he was thinking about. Honestly. I decided to make this interesting.

"Head." I cried. And struck down on his head.

"Head? Ow." he shrunk backwards from my incoming sword.

"Come on, Merlin. You're not even trying." I cried. He was doing terribly I must admit. I tag him on the back with my sword.

"Ow! I am." Merlin cried out in pain before answering.

"Once more." I ordered.

"Oh, no." Merlin sighed. If I didn't know any better I'd say he didn't want to do this. Mental note for later, make Merlin muck out my horses.

"To the left. To the right. And left. Head." I managed to hit him on the head yet again.

"Ow!" he screeched.

"Come on, Merlin! I've got a tournament to win." I stated the obvious. But even without this training I am sure to win.

"Can we stop now, please? Ow! Shield. Body." I was first shocked that he wanted to stop, but then surprisingly impressed that he had already memorized my fighting pattern.

"Shield." I attack.

"Shield. Ah." I still don't know what's going on here. I hit him on the head.

"Ow." he groaned again. Can't he ever just keep his pain to himself? He topples over backwards and his helmet rolls off. His balance is lacking. Couldn't I have gotten a servant with better balance? But I had to admit he was good.