Count Down

It was Friday, the day after Yuuya told Hiyoko about his mission. The couple had until the following Monday morning to spend together before being apart for sixteen whole months. It all was so rushed, but they knew they had no other option then to make these next few days count.

The snow was melting just slightly, still at a height of six inches, but that didn't stop Yuuya from taking Hiyoko on a trip into the mainstreets of Little Dove Hachiman City.

"It has been so long since I've been here," Hiyoko commented "I forgot how busy the city is compared to our rural cabin".

"Is it too much?" Yuuya asked with worry in his eyes.

"N-no!" Hiyoko stammered "I don't mind at all! The change of pace is nice, actually. So, what do you have planned for us here, anyway?"

"Come," with a wink, Yuuya grabbed ahold of Hiyoko's hand and showed her through the streets, zigzagging around pedestrians and corners, until they eventually got to the fairgrounds.

"What, the fair is in town!?" Hiyoko's eyes lit up with the enchantment of the colorful lights dazzling infront of her.

For a fair, it was a bit teeny, but it had some classic carnival activities to enjoy as a couple, and Yuuya and Hiyoko did every single one. There were prize games, small coasters, and many fun sights to see. But, at the end of the day, Yuuya and Hiyoko found themselves side-by-side together ontop of the ferris wheel.

"I know this ferris wheel is small as far as ferris wheels go," Hiyoko began "but everything still looks so small from up here!"

"I didn't notice-" Yuuya commented.

Hiyoko then turned her head, catching Yuuya staring at her.

"For all I can really see is you, mon amie," Yuuya winked.

"Oh my gosh, Yuuya," Hiyoko blushed as Yuuya nuzzled himself close to her and gave her a few pecks on her cheek.

"I don't know how I'm going to top this tomorrow," Yuuya said, leaning his head on Hiyoko's shoulder.

"You?" Hiyoko was taken aback "tomorrow is my day, so I have no idea how I'm suppose to top this!"

"Oh really?" Yuuya looked at her and smirked "sucks to be you then, ha ha".

"You're so mean!" Hiyoko was angry, but couldn't hold back her smile anyway.

"I'm kidding! And besides, anything is fun when you're involved, mon amie."

🕊🕊🕊

The second day had just bagan, and Hiyoko and Yuuya were walking hand-in-hand through the park on that sunny afternoon.

"I can't believe how warm it's gotten," Yuuya admired the sky "An onlooker wouldn't be able to guess that it's actually January".

"You're talking about the weather? Seriously?" Hiyoko whined "That's such a boring, adult topic!"

"Well Hiyoko, guess what?" Yuuya leaned down to whisper in her ear "we are boring adults".

"No!" Hiyoko shouted in horror very dramatically.

"I'm sorry I had to break it to you like this," Yuuya faked genuine concern "but anyway, what did you have on the agenda today?"

"I'll show you."

Walking through the six inches of melting snow, the couple trudged over a hill and revealed the destination ahead.