𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

Before we start: There is a nasty scene at the end involving blood, please skip it if you are uncomfortable. Also, this chapter is a long af since it's important.

While your other teammates are looking rough—someone actually threw up a few moments ago—you are calm. It is an important match, sure, but you have nothing to worry about. You know yourself, in and out; there is no way you'll lose against a college that's not even in the top five.

"You good?" your captain asks you. You move your eyes from the spot you've been looking at all this time while deep in your thoughts. She doesn't seem scared either, judging from the frown on her face. She is the tallest from your team, almost reaching 190 cm, having a fit body. Besides that, there is nothing else out of the ordinary about her: short black hair and black eyes. "You look like the world ended. Love problems again?"

You roll your eyes at her. "Don't be ridiculous, Daitan. Like I'll let something like that get to me. He was okay, but not really my type. We just hooked up, that's it. Plus, I'm not really looking for a relationship at the moment"

"Oh? But the poor guy was hoping to actually start dating you! Is that it, you feel bad for rejecting him?" You turn around to glare at her.

"I told you, it's not about him! I'm just angry that I'm stuck here, playing against a weak team while my brother and his boys are in the city"

"Your juniors from Karasuno? The ones you left us for two weeks ago?"

"Yeah," you get up, standing next to her while you look at the teams around you. "They have a genius as a setter and a kid that can jump really high. I had a fun time watching them play. And Keishin is coaching them, can you believe that?" You start laughing, but Daitan just smiles at your remark.

"I'm glad that you two made up, but that still doesn't justify you skipping practice." She says the second half in a deep and low voice. 'Ah, there it is. Her true side. The demon captain'.

"I'm already good enough, I don't need practice," you answer, walking away from her.

"Volleyball is a team sport, you know that?!" She yells after you, but you don't respond. Yeah, the team has to do their best to block the balls and to open a way for the ace to score points. The familiar pain in your stomach is back, but you choose to ignore it... again...

After the classical handshake between teams, the referee blows the whistle and the match starts. Besides the people that are in the gymnasium, there are others watching the match: the boys from the Training camp, together with the coaches. Karasuno arrived just in time at the Nekoma High-school so they all gathered around a TV and were relieved when they didn't miss anything.

The first set goes to your team. You don't do much during it since you're not in the right mood to play. There are days when you feel like this during practice, like you want to get home as soon as possible to sleep and never wake up. But feeling like this during an important match is the worst. Especially when both teams notice it.

"Stop fooling around and start playing seriously. I know that you don't consider them as threats, but it's still a game. Put your heart into it!" Your captain scolds you again. She is usually the one that motivates your teammates while also scaring the shit out of them, especially out of the first years. The coach just intervenes when he feels that she's being too rough. And it usually happens when you and Daitan start fighting.

You don't say anything back to her, just drink from your water bottle in silence. 'Such a pain in the ass; there's no way they'll win the second set so why bother so much?' You think to yourself as the second set is about to start. It's not unexpected that when your team takes the lead, they ask for a time out.