1

~ N ~

Stumbling out the bar, her blurred eyesight didn't help her from walking straight into a wall. Cursing under her breath, she raised her head, and somehow tripped over her own two feet, nearly falling on her backside, but strong hands gripped her by the small of her back and under her knees, carrying her bridal style. She blinked slowly, waiting for her vision to clear, so drunk she didn't even care that the wall had somehow turned into a person.

A familiar face swap into a field of vision and she let out a breath of relief as she realised it wasn't a magically wall turning human, it was Cassian.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and relaxed into him. She felt his breath catch, but didn't move an inch. Her eyes closed involuntarily, a wave of exhaustion hitting her. She sighed softly, muttering incoherently to her knight in shining armour as she let herself drift off.

~ C ~

How the hell did he get here. She was just laying there, asleep in his arms. They had never gotten closer than her kneeing him in the groin, and now her arms were wrapped around his neck, her head resting on his chest. He felt her breath on his collarbone and he could smell the shampoo from her hair. All his senses were filled with her.

He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, trying and failing to clear his mind.

He sighed and opened his eyes and wings, rising up into the sky.

———————————————————————

He laid her down on his bed, gently, to not wake her. Removing his arms out from under her, he found himself staring. All the malice and spite were erased from her face, and what was left was a girl. Pretty and simple, happy even. He smiled softly.

Her eyes snapped open and he jerked back, as if someone had hit him. Recovering quickly, he leaned forward and whispered, 'do you want a glass of water?', not knowing what else to say.

She grabbed his face and his eyes widened as she brought it closer to hers. They were inches apart and he could feel her breath on his face. Nesta grinned, a rare sight, and crushed her lips into his.

He didn't hesitate as he climbed on top of her, moving his hand down her body. He pulled her over him and rested his other hand in her long, luscious hair, deepening their kiss. He felt her petite hands pushing at his shirt and he let her take it off. He then pulled her top over her head, not wasting any time and threw it on the floor. He stared at her for a minute, at the scars decorating her body, wondering what he had done to become so lucky.

Once again, she pushed her lips onto his and he opened his mouth for her, the taste of her nearly undoing him. Reality hit him like a brick, as he tasted the tequila on her lips. He stilled, and pushed her away from him. Their first time wasn't going to be while she was drunk.

She looked vulnerably up at him, and asked in a small voice, 'why?'.

He didn't answer, instead saying, 'you should go to sleep'.

Her once sweet filled face turned to anger, the glare piercing through his heart. She turned around, clutching the blanket to her chest as if it were a life line.

He tried to slip his hand over her waist but she snapped, 'don't touch me.' He grabbed her and pulled her body to his chest. She struggled against him, but he was too strong and to his surprise, she gave up and relaxed her tense body. It was probably the booze, he decided.

He put his mouth near her ear and she flinched as she felt his warm breath fanning over it.

Slowly and seductively, he whispered, 'the first time I take you to bed, you won't be drunk. I want you to remember everything I do to you.'

Her cheeks reddened and he felt her thighs tighten. He chucked softly, loving the effect he had on her.

Brushing his hand up and down the small curves of her body, he said tenderly, 'go to sleep, love. We'll finish this another time.'