𝟎𝟓 || 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

Tony Stark had fought a lot of demons in his seemingly never ending life. Be they former friends, rivals, aliens or robots, he could handle them. He had since he was a child.

He handled them with grace. He went to therapy two to three times a week. He spent his seemingly never ending fortune on causes that mattered. Funding schools, refugee centres, building wells, making shelters in his aunt's name. You name it, he did it. Making up for his past mistakes and trying to create a future his family could grow up in. Because that's all that mattered. A world Diana could grow up in.

He found it funny how much he actually loved her. Back when he was a child, the legend of the Stark-Rogers baby made him green with jealousy. How a child that wasn't even there was more beloved and famous than he would ever be. But when he finally met her... he never knew he could love something so much.

He went from having no family left to a sassy small blonde child that repeatedly trashed talked his suits, saying they looked better in silver than gold. And he wouldn't lie saying that Diana had him wrapped around her finger. If she wanted it, it was hers.

She wanted to play baseball instead of softball like all girls? He bought the country club and made the sport unisex. Diana wanted to learn to play the guitar like her mother? She would receive lessons from only the greatest teachers with a guitar decorated in the best swarovski crystals. Oh, she became the lead in her school production of Tangled? There was a strangely massive amount of money donated to the theatre department for the set. It was all hers. It's what she deserved.

He'd do anything for her... which is why he stopped the bloody custody battle he was having with Shield the moment Diana met Steve Rogers. Her real father. He loved her so much that he let her go.

Which is probably why the nightmare Wanda Maximoff showed him was so terrifying. The same nightmare that led to the creation of their eventual downfall... Ultron.

Inside the nightmare he remembered it well. It was dark with only the faint glow of stars far off in the distance as well as a soft blue glow being his only source of light. While the ground was cold, coares, black. Allowing the pools of blood to hide within plain sight.

If it wasn't for the chitauri that flew over Tony's head, he most likely wouldn't have noticed the bloody river at all... or the scene before him.

The pile of people he considered his friends were sprawled around a set of broken stairs. Their organs painting the steps as a waterfall seemed to be created from their collective fluids flowing towards the billionaire.

Tony felt completely sick as he watched some of them twitch from the way the spears were plunged within their skin. Making a phantom effect to seem as if they were still alive. Though the cloudy and unmoving eyes he saw proved it was just their nerves still activated.