𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐭

"𝖂𝖊 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘 𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊, 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖋𝖊𝖈𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗𝖘, 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖇𝖊𝖌𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖚𝖘 𝖆𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙𝖘𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙, 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖘𝖚𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖑𝖞, 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖆𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖈𝖊, 𝖇𝖊𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖆 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖍𝖆𝖘 𝖇𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖘𝖕𝖔𝖐𝖊𝖓."

-𝕱𝖞𝖔𝖉𝖔𝖗 𝕯𝖔𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖊𝖛𝖘𝖐𝖞

You studied the man before you with great curiosity, you visited this cafe quite often, but it was because of him you came here so often.

It seemed to be morphing into a sick obsession, really. But you had no malicious intent, in fact, you only wanted to get to know him a little better.

Everything about him seemed so- so, interesting! You wondered why he visited this exact cafe, and where he went after that. What did he do? What did he like? Did he have a lover..?

He was that of a strange kind, a peculiar fellow to say the least.

His features were sharp and his frame rather small, his physiognomy was nonetheless equally as peculiar and morbid. His eyes were sunken and eyes bags managed to form underneath them, which most likely indicated his lack of sleep.

A rather strange fellow, you could never quite put your finger on it, however something was terribly strange about him- be it the way he spoke or chose to act.

Thus you always chose to scrutinise him with great curiosity, for he was an intriguing fellow.

Needless to say you found it strange when signs of your endearment started to show, he might have been peculiar, but he was also extremely charming.

And that's precisely what you found strange- the coldness in his eyes was striking, yet a warm smile still managed to adorn his face.

  .  .  .

You took the last sip of your tea, before putting the porcelain cup back on its saucer. You got up ready to leave when you saw that the mysterious man was too, on his way out.

You rushed in hopes of running into him, you thanked the waiter, tipped him, and ran out into the cold winter air. However, much to your disappointment, the mysterious man was no where in sight, you sighed.

However it seemed better this way, truth be told you had no idea what you were going to tell him in the first place- it seemed as if you were hoping for a miracle, oh god! This whole situation was absolutely ridiculous!

You decided to drop the idea of searching for him, and decided to head home. You came to the conclusion that you'd try tomorrow, in hopes of finally talking to the mysterious man.

You paid no mind to the surroundings around you, lost deep in your thoughts thinking of an efficient strategy to finally get close to the strange man you were so head over heels for.

When all of a sudden you felt yourself abruptly walk into someone, flustered you started almost immediately apologising- you took a step back to take a look at the person you just ran into and, much to your surprise, it was in fact the man from earlier.

It felt like such a cliche, and like something straight out of a movie that you lost the ability to speak.

"I'm so sorry, I uh- I got lost in my thoughts," you finally let out, you always had scenarios of it happening in your head but- you never truly thought this day would come.