𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐚𝐧

"𝕻𝖆𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖚𝖋𝖋𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖑𝖜𝖆𝖞𝖘 𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖙𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖆 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆 𝖉𝖊𝖊𝖕 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙. 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖊𝖓 𝖒𝖚𝖘𝖙, 𝕴 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖐, 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖉𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖔𝖓 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖍." -𝕱𝖞𝖔𝖉𝖔𝖗 𝕯𝖔𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖊𝖛𝖘𝖐𝖞

The afternoon spent with fyodor was pleasant to say the least, you enjoyed his company and how he'd often go on tangents, and even though they were quite odd and out of place, you enjoyed the way he spoke about them, there was always passion and devotion in his voice when  he spoke of his plans.

He offered to walk you home to which you did not refuse, and of course, the way back home was not silent, Fyodor went on another one of his tangents-

"Have you ever noticed how people in control tend to abuse their power?" Fyodor asked.

It was very sudden, and unexpected, you figured he had already planned out the next part of his rant, and this was a way of him snaking the topic into the conversation.

"Well, of course, but I've grown used to it I suppose," you stopped to think, "I guess, we grow up with the idea so we essentially grow accustomed to it, the thought of some world leader doing something cruel doesn't really bother most people, well unless if it affects them, that is".

Fyodor smiled.

"So then, does it not annoy you that you have less significance than the people in charge?".

"No, not necessarily".

"Oh but wouldn't you like to be in control? Does that idea not appeal to you in the slightest?".

You stayed silent, Fyodor took this as an opportunity to carry on his rant.

"It's so simple to see how sinful the world has become, humanity needs a saviour, someone to cleanse the world of its sin," Fyodor chuckled, "tell me, what do you think of ability users?".

You froze, not quite able to muster out an answer.

"Erm, you mean like those detectives- those who do the special work the police aren't able to solve..?".

"Yes," Fyodor looked at you through narrowed eyes awaiting your response.

"Well I suppose there is nothing wrong with ability users, no?".

"But don't you think of them as filthy? Their abilities are so sinful, and if I could I'd do my utmost to rid of those abilities".

"And by getting rid of their abilities what do you exactly have in mind..?".

"Never mind that," Fyodor smiled. "But tell me do you know where we're headed..?" Fyodor asked confused.

Oh God! This whole conversation had made you not think of where you were heading, you and Fyodor were wandering pointlessly around your neighbourhood. You looked around frantically trying to figure out exactly where you were, yet nothing seemed to ring a bell, you panicked.

"Are we lost..?" Fyodor asked.

"Oh I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where we were heading erm, hold on! I'll just check where we are using my phone".

You frantically looked for your phone, once you managed to find in your coat pocket you quickly looked on google maps where you were. You cooled down once you figured out where you were and typed in your home address, once you were set you led Fyodor to your home following the phone's instructions.

     . . .

Upon arrival, you thanked Fyodor for the lovely evening to which he stared- flustered, or so he appeared to be.

"Erm is something wrong..?" You asked.

"Would it be ok if I stayed over just for tonight, I'd hate to be a bother but as you can see the weather isn't necessarily pleasant, and it's a long walk from here to where I'm staying". 

You looked around, the weather definitely wasn't pleasant, it was dark by now and there was ice and snow and the pavements, and it seemed as if it was to snow again. 

You tried to remember what state your house was in, you couldn't remember the last time you had cleaned it, and it most certainly would be very embarrassing to invite someone over if your house was a mess- but with out a second thought you agreed for Fyodor to stay over, you just prayed that the house wasn't too much of a mess.

You searched for the keys to the house  and upon finding them you let yourself and Fyodor in, as you walked in the warm air comforted you, it was a change from the cold and bitter air that was outside.

You scrambled to take of your scarf and laid the keys on a near by table.

"Would you like something to drink?" You asked fyodor.

You turned around to face him, however he was standing much more closer to you than you had remembered, it was only now that you realised how tall he was, and it was only now that you realised you had let in a complete stranger into your home.

"Erm, you- you can take of your coat, I'll erm- put it away for you," you said.

Fyodor smirked at your flustered form, "do tell me," he asked "where will I be sleeping tonight?" He said so as if he was suggesting something, as if he had something particular in mind.

You panicked, you did admit- you had some sort of fantasies of him, but it never occurred to you this could actually happen- oh God! You weren't ready! You felt heat rush to your cheeks, you tried to muster out a response but you couldn't think of anything-

"Erm, you can sleep in my bed- I'll sleep on the couch," you finally blurted out.

Fyodor paused, he then took a step back and smiled.

"Fair enough then, I hope this won't be too much of a bother for you".

You regained your composure and sighed, "no, of course not" you laughed.

After some awkward silence you decided to lighten up the atmosphere a bit, "so um, what would you like to drink?" You asked.

"Would you happen to have any tea?" Fyodor asked.

"Yes, what kind, I have some fruit tea, black tea and green tea".

"I'll take the black tea then, please," he smiled.

   . . .

After changing the sheets you wished Fyodor a good night and you yourself decided to head to bed.

As you got settled  on the couch you soon realised that this wasn't going to be the most comfortable night for you, you just hoped Fyodor was comfortable, as you laid down on your side you hoped that this would last forever, however you knew good things always come to an end, you sighed and decided to just sleep and see what tomorrow would bring.

    . . .

A/n: thank you for reading,, next part should be up soon too! Thank you to everyone who enjoys this trash haha, I appreciate all the kind words.

-Rodya