Fight & Accusing

Dale launched himself at Alex and knocked us both to the ground.

"You motherfucker!" Dale screamed.

I rolled over and pushed myself up to my feet as Dale and Alex rolled on the ground pounding their fists into each other. Rick and Lew suddenly appeared and pulled Dale off Alex.

Dale pulled away from them and decked Alex again. Alex punched him back, connecting with his jaw.

"Stop it!" I shouted.

Rick and Lew grabbed Dale while I grabbed Alex and pulled him away.

"You fucking cocksucker! I'll kill you!" Dale shouted at Alex.

I moved in front of Alex and held him back.

"Mason's mine now!" Alex shouted. "You don't deserve him, you selfish prick!"

"You trying to get back at me?" Dale asked me. "Huh? I fucked one of your friends and now you fuck one of mine? You're a fucking whore!"

Alex lunged for Dale and his fist made contact with Dale's face. I tried to push Alex back, but I was caught in the middle of them. Dale's fist was aiming for Alex, but it connected with the side of my head.

"Mason!" Alex shouted as I slumped to the ground.

When my eyes fluttered open, I realized I was laying flat on my back on the grass. Alex was kneeling next to me while Dale, Lew and Rick looked down at me.

"You okay, Mase?" Alex asked.

"My head hurts," I moaned.

I looked up at Alex's bruised face. He was worried about me. I smiled at him and then I saw that look again. I tried to sit up and Alex helped me to my feet.

I looked over at Dale. His face was beet red and bruised all to hell. I could tell that he was seriously pissed off, but at least he wasn't trying to hit anyone.

"I'm sorry I hit you," Dale said. "It was an accident."

"I know," I said as I rubbed the area next to my left eye.

"So. It's over then. We're over."

"Yeah, Dale. We're over."

Dale narrowed his eyes and looked at Alex. "We're over, too."

Dale spit a wad of blood onto the ground and wiped his mouth. He looked at me like I was worth less than a piece of shit. I felt my eyes starting to well up and I averted my gaze from him. He turned and walked away. Lew and Rick looked at Alex and me with disgust and then followed Dale.

I took a deep breath and started to cry. Alex moved and put his arms around me, but I pushed him away.

"Stop it," I said.

"I'm sorry, baby."

"Stop! I can't do this. I can't... Between baby mamas and Damien and Dale and... It's too much. I can't."

"What are you saying, Mason?"

"This was a huge mistake, Alex. I can't see you anymore."

"But, Mason, I love you."

Alex reached for me.

"I don't love you, Alex."

Alex's face fell and his eyes became shiny with unshed tears. He looked at me with such pain. My heart ripped into two and I choked back a sob and I ran as fast as I could to the clubhouse.