[2] as a senior

A few weeks later, you were performing Boy/Girl's latest title song at Mcountdown. You gave your all, forcing as sharp and precise dance movements as you possibly could, while singing your heart out. The excited cheers of your fans bubbled in your ears and sent a swarm of butterflies fluttering into your stomach. Moments like these were irreplaceable. They were your driving force. You adored performing more than absolutely anything, and your love for it was what kept you going day in and day out.

As the last note of your song faded out and you caught your breath, you smiled because today was no exception from the thrilling excitement of your career.

Waving goodbye to your beaming fans, you and the other members made your way backstage, and towards the dressing room to get changed back into your casual clothes. However, on your way you were halted by the voice of someone extremely unexpected. "Hey! Hana!"

"...Seungkwan sunbaenim?" You exclaimed, shocked at the random appearance of your senior. Waving, he slid past some staff members and towards you. Across his slightly flushed cheeks was that same bright smile he wore every time he greeted you.

"Heyy, you did great today, well done! I was watching the whole performance backstage." He replied warmly.

"Thanks! But... is it rude to ask you why you're here?" You cocked your head. Seungkwan chuckled.

"Not at all. I just came to check out my fellow idols. I really love your new album so I thought I'd come along and watch you guys perform."

"I see, well thank you for enjoying the performance!" You returned the smile, bowing a little. "It actually means a lot to hear that from you, seeing as you're our senior. I really love you!" You froze. Your eyes widened as you locked eye contact with Seungkwan. "I mean- I mean I love Seventeen! Not... just you. Well, I like you! I mean as a senior. I think you're really cool. As a senior." You blurted out, stumbling over your words. You cringed from embarrassment and completely avoided eye contact with the man in front of you. You dreaded a very awkward and confused response but to your surprise, Seungkwan laughed fondly. You hesitated before lifting your gaze and cracking up along with him as he giggled. Something about his laugh was different from any laugh you ever heard before. It was completely pure. Utterly honest and full. It was like a breath of fresh air.

"Right, well, thank you." Seungkwan beamed, recovering from the laughter. "I should get going now. Make sure to rest well when you get home."

Your heart fluttered at his last sentence. "I will. Have a nice rest of your day, Sunbaenim." You bowed. And as he turned to walk away you caught a glimpse of that beautiful, radiant smile. You bit your lip, trying to stifle an excited grin. Something about Seungkwan made you so intrigued to get to know him. You hoped that one day you'd be able to sit down and have a proper, long chat with him as he felt like the type of person that would be great to have deep conversations with.

Taking a gulp of water from your water bottle, you moseyed over to the dressing room to get changed. And for the rest of the day, your mind couldn't help but drift to Boo Seungkwan. You felt strangely drawn to him, and you liked the feeling.

3 days after your backstage chat with Boo Seungkwan, you were practicing a singing cover to your favourite song: "People Help the People" in Pledis' karaoke room. It was late, about 1am. But you weren't tired. Singing was your healing, and every second you spent doing it gave you a sense of irreplaceable belonging and purpose. "People Help the People" was the most precious song to you because of it's ability to make you feel like you weren't alone. Whenever you sang it, it made you feel as if the entire world was singing it with you, supporting you right by your side.