Prolouge

"This is stupid really. I think that falling in love with your best friend is really very stupid Krish" Miranda scolded me.

"I know. I know. I didn't really want it to happen. I swear. Even when I think of it, its still gross as hell Mir. But I just cant. I don't know whats wrong with me or my heart or is this just because its this kind of day. Whatever it is, whether its an existential force or a gravitational push, I just cant get away from him physically and mentally. Its like I always think of him, see him and just. I don't know anymore. And that kiss -" I said everything coming out.

"You need to stop this. Forget about him. Theres no future for both of you." She said concerned evident in her tone.

"I know. I need closure."
*like you were ever both together* I slightly laughed at the idea.

"Well obviously dumb ass." She said in a duh tone.

"But I, you know me Mir. I just cant detach from people that easily. He's been my best friend for what? 11 years? You saw him before he went there." I defended.

"Stop thinking of the idea that he'll come back Krish. That Alex was gone dead a long time ago. Don't get your hopes up just because of one little kiss. Who knows that one kiss was everything to you and to him, IT WAS JUST NOTHING." She said matter of fact.

"But I felt it. It was different." I said with the last defense I could ever bare.

"Different? If you're talking about Alex, then yes he is different because he's gay for crying out loud! You'll only get hurt Krish." She said anger evident in every word.

"I know. I know. I give up." I said seriously sad.

"You know I care for you Krish. I just don't want you to get hurt anymore." She said guilty.

Of all the people in this whole world, why does it even have to be Alexander Smith, the gay friend?