Part XXIII: Reyaeth kingdom II

"Come on Caly. You can step closer and kiss my hand," Rheya said.

Ann let go of me, but I didn't move at all. I could feel that the whole attention of the room was focused on what my next move will be. Now that I've met Rheya I was done with playing along.

"Caly, why are you hesitating?" Rheya aksed."Aren't you here to join me?"

"No, Rheya," I answered.

"If you aren't here to join me then why did you come here?" Rheya shot me an angry glare.

"I..." I hesitated a bit before saying my thoughts out loud because the whole room will think of me as an enemy."I came here to stop you!"

"Stop me?" Rheya looked at me with doubtful eyes."Stop me from doing what?"

"Isn't it obvious? I won't let you give a bad reputation to witches!" I said.

"Oh," Rheya said with a slight smile. What will you do?"

"I won't let anybody become a sacrifice!" My yell echoed through the silent room and I felt a flush on my cheeks.

The fire spirit brightly lit his flames but I put my hand between the spirit in the princess to tell it that I could handle it.

"Sacrifices, what are you talking about?" Rheya asked."Caly, are you okay? You are talking crazy,"Rheya calmly said while looking at me with confusion on her face.

"Why are you lying?" I asked.

"Lying?"She showed me a confused face."Girls, instructor Kyla, you know I wouldn't take sacrifices, right?"

All of them silently nodded.

"The witch fell in love at first sight with princess Rheya and gave her all of her magic," Kyla explained.

That was wrong. Rheya killed the old witch and violently took away her black magic. Everybody looked at me with anger as if though I was behaving badly towards Rheya but she calmed them down. Since I didn't let the fire spirit do anything she also controlled her lackeys.

"What about slaves, you were proudly walking around with two poor girls?" I asked.

"Slaves."Rheya sneered"Of course I have slaves! It is natural. There are rare magnificent people like me meant to achieve greatness while the other ones have the role of supporting me. Isn't that right, girls?"

Everyone in the room silently nodded to her words again.

"That's wrong," I whispered.

"Do you have any complaints?" Rheya asked.

"Yes. Taking slaves is wrong."

"Why?" She looked at me confused.

"I saw only a glimpse of your methods, but you kept them chained up in the dark. That's no way to treat anyone!"

"Slaves aren't smart and that's the reason I sometimes need to use rough methods. They need to be thought through pain and suffering. Some of them aren't obedient so I need to use some strict discipline methods., but that's all natural. Isn't that right girls?" Rheya said.

Once again everybody nodded as if though Rheya couldn't say anything wrong.

"If a witch isn't with me then she is against me," Rheya said while focusing her black magic on me.

The fire spirit summoned a protective firewall between me and the others.

"What's up with that small flame ball?" Rheya said while looking at the spirit with pure annoyance.