10- Missing

Esteria

Esteria flapped her wings again as she led Birdie and Daybreak back towards the Hidden World. Sure, she was wasting a day that she could be scouting, but she had to ensure the safety of these two little stowaways first.

"Estee," Birdie whined. "I'm tired."

"Well you wouldn't have to be flying at all if you'd just stayed home." Esteria said.

"But then that human girl would have died!" Daybreak put in.

Esteria didn't respond to that. She knew it was a good thing that the human was alive, but yet she still didn't understand why.

Suddenly, Birdie screamed. Esteria was so startled she nearly fell out of the air. "What's wrong?" She asked in a panic.

Birdie was scanning the sky, as if searching for something. "I-I saw something." She said.

Esteria looked around, seeing nothing. Probably just one of Birdie's imaginary monsters. She decided. The trio continued on, with Birdie close to Esteria.

Then she saw it, a flash of black against the night sky. A scream erupted from someone, who Esteria realized was herself. Another flash of color, of blood this time.

Then everything went black.

Daybreak

Daybreak's eyes fluttered open and she found herself in the healing cavern back in the Hidden World. A small Healing Rimscale tended to a cut on her leg. She scanned the cavern, and spotted Birdie on another rock bed nearby, where Null was helping her. But Esteria was nowhere to be seen.

Daybreak watched Nightfall, Birdie's older brother, walk into the cavern. "Daybie, you're awake!" He said cheerily.

"Where's Esteria?" Daybreak asked.

"Este? Was she with you?" Nightfall asked.

Daybreak nodded. "She was there when we were attacked, I saw her. Her blood is all over my fur."

Nightfall seemed to turn into a statue, he was so still. "Nightie?" Birdie chimed in from her bed.

Nightfall shook his head, snapping out of whatever daze he was in. "I think it's time." He said to Tonic, who was scolding Birdie for getting hurt again. "We're leaving today."

"Leaving?" Daybreak blurted. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Instead of filling her in, the grown-ups left the cavern oh-so-rudely leaving Birdie and herself alone.

Daybreak huffed. "Rude." She muttered.

Birdie smiled wickedly. "Let's follow them!"

Daybreak nodded, and got off her bed, ignoring the pain that shot through her body as she opened her wings. She glided out of the cavern, Birdie trotting below her, yelling angrily about how she still couldn't fly.

She settled down behind a small crystal near Serenity and Nightfall, who both looked extremely worried.

Birdie joined her, and as the two finally got comfortably seated, they listened in while the older dragons talked.