CH. 8

What would happen, if everything went another way? What would happen if we didn't make it to the safe zone? what if..?
.
.
.
.
.
.

I wonder how many days have passed since my little experiment. Everything went according to plan. Now, there is nothing standing in our way. The zombies had devoured all those who stood in our way.

It was more convenient to wipe them all out at the same time. "(Y/N), it's time to eat." I smiled happily, walking towards the (H/C) haired female with a tray of food in hand.

"I-I don't feel like it.." She slowly backs away from me, rubbing her arm nervously. "What do you mean?" I walked closer. "You haven't eaten anything today nor even yesterday and even the day before that." I placed the tray of food on a table.

"N-no.." She looks away, avoiding eye contact with me. It was finally just the two of us. I was hoping that she'd forget about those freeloaders in the safe zone and her so-called 'friends'. But, why is she crying all of the time? I don't understand.

"Please eat (Y/N), I can't bear seeing you like this." I pleaded. "I-if you couldn't bear seeing me like this, then why? Why would y-you do such a thing?.." She looks me in the eyes. Her eyes were bloodshot red, her hair was dishevelled and her voice was shattering.

"I did it for us, (Y/N). Are you not pleased?" I stared into her (E/C) eyes intently. "No.." She mutters out silently. (Y/N) seemed more different now than when we first met. The (H/C) haired female dropped to the ground slowly, placing her head on her knees whilst she hugged her legs.

I was upset. I thought she'd be happy with this, I thought she'd be happy with me.

I grabbed the tray of food, walking up to her slowly. "This is your favourite, right?" I gave her a small smile in hopes to get her to eat. She stares at me in resentment, looking away immediately.

"Do you perhaps want something outside? If so, I'll go out and get the things you'd like. I'll be back, okay?" I stood up, walking towards the door. I heaved out a sigh, leaving the room before locking the door.

I don't get why (Y/N) is acting this way. All I did was dispose of those annoying people out of our way. Were they really special to her? Those kids who were just a waste of rations?

It's safer here when it's just the two of us, so why isn't she happy? It seemed like she wanted nothing to do with me. I spoke to her kindly and in return, she simply looks away. Well, whatever, it's just the two of us now and that's all that matters.

I walked around in town, looking around for the things she'd like. "Ah, yes the library." I slowly walked inside, finding the books that she'd love. I walked around in town some more, my bag was getting heavier. It looks like it's time to return.

The thought of seeing her made me rush back into the school. I really hope that she'd like the things that I had brought back and when I come back I also hope that the tray of food was already finished.

I took out the key that was safely tucked in my shirt pocket. "(Y/N)? I'm home." I smiled to myself, turning the doorknob. "Sorry if it took me so long, I tried to make a quick trip but I made sure that I've gotten everything that you'd like." I carefully dropped the things on the floor.

She shoved me back with all her might, running away without looking back. "(Y/N)!" I gasped in shock, running after her. She was gradually getting further away from me.

No, we were finally alone together. I worked so hard for this tranquillity. I wasn't ready to lose her this easily. I'm the only one who can protect her, I'm the only one worth being by her side.

"(Y/N), where are you?!" My cry echoed throughout the empty schoolyard. (Y/N) was so fast, I was worried that she had already left. It was dangerous out there, a zombie or even a soldier could've found her.

"D*mn it," I mumbled to myself, running out of the school gates in hopes of finding her. "Gah!" That was her. I immediately ran towards where her scream came from.

"(Y/N)!" I sprinted towards her, kicking the zombie that was pinning her down. "L-Lawrence!" Her eyes were brimming with tears, she instantly gets up and runs to my side. Suddenly, a horde of zombies was immediately running towards our direction.

The chances of the two of us getting out of here together were slim, and only one could survive. "(Y/N), go!" I looked her in the eyes. Tears were running down from her cheeks. She gives me a small nod, immediately running away.

I heaved out a heavy sigh, finally accepting my fate. I deserved this, right? I deserved this for causing (Y/N) so much pain. (Y/N), I'm so sorry. I love you.

I closed my eyes, waiting to get trampled and get eaten alive. "Lawrence, what are you doing?!" She grabs my wrist harshly, making a run for it.

I was surprised to see her again, I thought that she had already left me. She could've left me here to die, but she didn't. She does care for me as well.

A bright smile was plastered on my face. I scooped her up in my arms, hurriedly running back inside the school before locking the gates.

I rushed down to the basement, immediately walking inside. I was panting heavily, my lungs felt like they were burning. I took a couple of deep breaths before regaining my composure.

"So, have you eaten already?" I flashed her a bright smile, acting as if none of that had ever happened.

------------------

(A/N): I hope that you enjoyed this chapter!