CH. 9

Tears were trickling down her soft cheeks. "Lawrence.." The hostility in her (E/C) eyes was finally long gone. She runs up to me, engulfing me in a warm hug. "Thank you." Her soft sobs filled up the entire room.

I simply stared at her in surprise before wrapping my arms around her waist. My gaze on her softens, a warm smile plastered on my face. Yes, this was it. This was what I wanted all along.

"Are you alright?" She looks up, gazing into my brown orbs. "Yeah, not a single scratch, and it's all thanks to you (Y/N)." I gave her a bright smile. "Are you alright, (Y/N)?" I returned her inquiry. "Yeah.." She hugs me tighter, snuggling into my chest.

This felt like heaven. Her touches, her hugs and her warmth. "Lawrence, you could've just left me there. Why are you risking so much for me?" She doesn't look up, her face was buried in my chest.

"Isn't that already obvious? The person that I had met that day in the library who gave me her umbrella without hesitation is very special to me, and that person is you, (Y/N)." I heaved out a long sigh of relief.

"I'll keep you safe, (Y/N)." She doesn't reply, but simply nods in response. "Everything, I did it all for you." I stroked her hair gently. "For me?.." I chuckled lightly, humming in response. I was satisfied and happy with her being submissive towards me.

"Yes, above anyone else." A moment of silence falls upon the two of us. "Was that why you k-killed everyone? Was that the best you could think of?.." She looks me in the eyes.

"If they were still here, then there was no way for me to get closer to you. I hope you understand, right (Y/N)?" I sat down on the ground, pulling her on my lap.

"I freed you from everything that was trying to hurt you." I snaked my arms around her waist, her back was now on my chest. "Are you not pleased? I'll shower you with my love." Her body slowly relaxes from my touches.

"But.." She pauses for a moment. "They were friends.." She mutters out. "Friends?" I couldn't contain my laughter, strings of chuckles echoed around the room.

"If they were here in a situation we are in right now, do you think that they'll sacrifice themselves to you?" She stays silent, listening intently. "(Y/N), you are precious to me."

She simply stares at the grey wall in front of us. Although she was already frail and tired, she still looked mesmerizingly gorgeous. She looked like a goddess.

"Ever since that day we had finally met, I wanted to get closer to you," I said whilst stroking her hair gently. "I wanted to get closer, I wanted to be with you (Y/N)."

I heaved out a small sigh. "But, I couldn't. I thought that I was going to be absorbed in this crazy world, but you emerged and came to me." I smiled to myself. "I thought that I'd never be able to see you again, but you're here with me right now. Can you even imagine how I felt when I saw you again?" She shakes her head, listening intently.

"Before being reunited with you, all I cared about was surviving. My mind was only focused on surviving, that's it." I paused for a moment, turning (Y/N) around so that she could face me.

"But after being with you, (Y/N). Keeping you safe was now my number one priority." I gave her a genuine smile. She looked me in the eyes, her gaze softens.

"M-me?.." I nod at her in response, kissing her on the forehead. "No matter what happened, we would survive. Survive and I could finally get to know the person I had wondered about the whole time."

She opens her mouth slightly, she starts to tremble a bit. "But, w-what you did, it can't be f-forgiven." "I'm not looking for forgiveness nor to repent." I looked her in the eyes. "Nothing else matters as long as I'm with you."

She closes her eyes. "If I'm able to watch you smile, if I'm able to be by your side then nothing else matters." I smiled brightly. Her eyes were welling up with tears as she looked at me.

She embraced me gently. She no longer pushed me away. She can't leave my side anymore, she has nowhere to go but here. Yes, you can't leave me anymore, you're finally mine and mine alone.

"If that's how you truly feel.." I kissed her forehead again. "You told me that I belong by your side, to you." "Don't leave me, (Y/N)," I whispered in her ear.

"Your eyes, your lips and every gesture you make. They're all mine and I will make sure that you will stay by my side." I embraced her tightly, our chests were rubbing against each other.

"𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 (𝙔/𝙉), 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚."

---------------------

(A/N): I hope that you enjoyed this chapter!