The Queen's Dilemma

Is it just me or are we all just purposefully destroying our body clocks?

Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________

I sat in my office chair as I twirl the liquid around in my glass. It seems more interesting to me than whatever these people have been yapping on about for the last hour or so.

"We must make a move to show dominance over these uprising gangs. This is the third warehouse that they have burned down." Matthias, one of my father's advisers says. Matthias has been with the family since my dad took over and honestly, I wonder how my dad never noticed Matthias was double-crossing him.

My phone lights up as I see a message from Aella, my best friend and second-in-command. I look to my right and start having an eye conversation with her.

I raise my eyebrows at her."Why are you texting me? I'm beside you."

She scrunched her eyebrows, looks at me, at my phone. "Check the message, you bitch"

I know that look. I let out a quiet laugh and move to check her message on my phone.

Andrew texted me with the result.

Matthias hired those gangs to burn the warehouses.

I'm emailing you the files he found.

I check the attachment on the email and sigh. I'm not even surprised it was him who did it. I was just waiting for the perfect excuse to kill him. Plus I needed the evidence to prove to my father he was stupid enough to trust this conniving bastard.

I listen back to Matthias as he continues talking about these small gangs.

"You should listen to me Lilith. Your father would have done something about this already. I knew you were never fit to rule this family. Women can't do anything right."

Everyone suddenly went silent. It was the unspoken rule in my office to never speak or compare me to my predecessors. They did what they needed to during their era and under the circumstances, they were on. This is my era now, and this is my throne.

Pissed off and annoyed as fuck, I throw my knife hitting Matthias in his left shoulder. I smile as I hear his labored breathing and scream at the pain of the knife piercing his skin. I stand up and walk around my huge ass desk and head to my bar to get a refill of my whiskey.

"Oh, Matthias my boy. You know I don't like it when you question my capabilities." I walk towards him and slowly pull my knife out as he screams out in pain. "You not only question my ability to lead this family but mock me as well. " I wipe the blood on my knife using his tie and proceed to stab it in his right thigh. "You even have the nerve to double-cross me. You're not a comedian but you're making me laugh. How pathetic do you think I am? Do you think I wouldn't find out? You must think I'm just a weak little girl who couldn't handle the pressure of the mafia."

I caress his head then snap his neck in one go; smiling as I see the life leave his eyes quickly.

"I'm the queen for a reason," I smirk as I see the fear evident in the eyes of the people in my office except for Aella who is busy playing Call of Duty on her phone.

"you're better off remembering that. You're all dismissed. If you have concerns contact Carla." I dismiss everyone in my office and they all scurry off like chickens, probably afraid I'd go after them too.

I'm not that psycho and besides, I'm tired today. I turn to go back to my seat as Carla, my secretary, enters my office. "Your sister would like you to call her back, asap." I nod my head as I dial my sister's number.

------

Larissa

Lilith

------

"Sorella, what do you need?"

"Grumpy as ever, Korinne. I'm inviting you to dinner tonight at 7 sharp."

Leave it to my sister to be the only one to call me by my second name.

"I'm busy, Larissa. Maybe next time."

"If you're not coming tonight I won't allow you to see Max ever again."

This bitch. She knows how much I love that kid to death.

"I hate you, you know that right?"

I hear a snicker behind me and for a moment I forgot that Aella was here. I smirk at Aella and wave my middle finger at her. Well if I'm being dragged into this, might as well drag Aella with me.

"Lari, Aella is here with me and she was wondering if she could come with."

I smile evilly at Aella as she waves her hands in the air, frantically may I add, as if telling me that I'm a bitch for dragging her into this. Oh, I know my bestie. I am a bitch.

"Put me on speaker."

"Okay, go."

"Aella my favorite whore. You better come to dinner as well. I will find you both and punch you in the vagina if I don't see you tonight. I mean it."

"You're scary, but yeah whatever. We'll be there. Ciao." Aella says as I hang up.

____________

"Just so you know I blame you for this, Li. I had a whole night planned out." Aella looked annoyed as hell but I was just laughing at her as we descend the stairs and into my garage.

"Okay since I dragged you into this, Miss Pisspants, you get to pick the car we're using."

Aella immediately switches from pissed off to a kid who had just been given ice cream and candies. She drags me to my red Porsche Carrera GT and shoves me in the passenger seat.

"You owe me more than just picking a car. I get to drive and you get to shut up." Aella says as she situates herself behind the wheel. She's looking like a maniac right now and frankly, I'm scared for my life.

"In case you forget, I run the mafia and if you die with me, our empire dies with us." She rolls her eyes and laughs as we drive off to Larissa's.

Oh, dinner, what drama do you have in store for your queen.

-------------------------------------

Ugh, this was a long one. What do you guys think of Lilith?

How's your quarantine so far?