Chapter 3:Don't Make It Harder On Me

It was around 4:00 in the morning and I was still at Calvin's house. I was laying on his naked chest, my arm wrapped around him and his arms wrapped around my shoulder. I looked up him, seeing him peacefully sleeping. After what happened, everything was super awkward. We kissed and it seemed like we both liked it.

He wasn't talking about it and I was afraid to talk to him about it. I was just rethinking everything currently. Every time and went to sleep together, we always cuddled. It was nothing new. He would hold me for the entire night while we slept.

Now, laying next to him in nothing but a sweat shirt and him in some shorts felt uncomfortable. I felt uncomfortable here. I looked over the clock before looking back at Calvin, he was a heavy sleeper. I slipped out of his strong arms, getting out of the bed. I grabbed my sneakers that I packed and my bag before slipping out of the door.

I creeped down the stairs and out of the front door, walking to my car. I got in the car and turned it on, pulling out of the driveway and heading back to my house. I pulled in my driveway, grabbed my bag and got out. I walked to the door and unlocked it, walking into the house. I left my keys by the door and headed to the stairs.

Just as I was walking up, the light turned on. "Look who's sneaking in the middle of the night"I heard behind me. I turned around, seeing Grandma Lynda sitting on the couch with a half empty bottle of liquor. "What are you doing down here this late"I said. "I'm grown little girl, I should be asking why your narrow behind is sneaking in here in the middle of the night"she said.

I dropped my bookbag and sat next to her. "I was at a friend's house. I planned on staying the night but left early"I said. She nodded, "Your mother told me about that. Who is this friend"she said. I sighed, "My friend Calvin"I said. She nodded, "isn't that the guy you're in love with"she said, filling her glass.

I chuckled nervously, "Grandma, I'm not in love with him. We're just friends"I said, running my fingers through my hair. She scoffed, "Chile please, you can't play me. Being friends with the opposite sex for longer than a year ends in feelings, I know you secretly love him"she said. One of Grandma Lynda's many talents was reading people like full novel. She chuckled at my silence, "Why did you leave so early"she said. I sighed, slouching on the couch.

"Let's just say, things got a little uncomfortable"I said. She chuckled, "You made out with him"she said, drinking from her glass. I sat up, "Grandma, how do you even know what that means"I said. "Chile please, I have a 20 something daughter. I know the lingo"she said. She was referring to my Aunt Kristen who came out of nowhere.

I chuckled, shaking my head. "So, did you"she said. I sighed, "Yea, I guess we 'made out"I said. "So how is that uncomfortable,you kissed a boy you like. That's amazing"she said. "Grandma,you don't get it. I've been friends with Calvin since I was in preschool. Us being together could possibly mess up everything we have"I said.

She turned to me, "listen to me baby,if you like him,you like him. It's that simple. If you get rejected,there's plenty of fish. Just make a move, I'm sure he'll like you too"she said. I sighed,why is this so complicated.

THE NEXT DAY
"So you kissed your best friend"my friend and co-worker Serena said as I sat at the clinic sign in desk,filing my nails. "Yea,that's pretty much what happened"I said. Serena was a dancer but was working as a nurses assistant in the offices. I just stayed out here and checked in patients. Serena was pretty cool but was always in someones business.

I guess today is my day. "Girlll...if I had a fine best friend like that,I'd make out with him too"she said. Also did I mention that she didn't know when to not say certain things. I chuckled, "aren't you supposed to be helping Dr Bennett in the back"I said. She scoffed, "girl,with him being that old;I bet he didn't even notice that I left. His old behind is probably asleep right now"she said.

I tried to hold in my laugh when I saw Dr Bennett standing behind her. "I had no idea you felt that way about me"he said. She turned to him,putting on a smile. "Of course I wasn't talking about you. I have a Dr Bennett at school and he's kinda a pain in the butt"she said trying to save herself. He nodded to himself, "you know,I love that story. I can maybe stick to it if you actually go back there and do some work"he said crossing his arms.

A fake and exaggerated smile became plastered on her face. "Of course Dr Bennett,it would be my pleasure"she said before walking past him and back in to the office. He followed behind. I chuckled as I continued to file my nails. That hours went by and my shift was almost done.

I was packing my things up when the door opened. I sat down when I saw a guy with sunglasses on walking into the clinic. He had on a sweatsuit and a much larger guy in black was behind him. Next to him was a woman who was obviously annoyed. She was wearing a dress and her hair was pulled into a messy ponytail.

The guy took off his sunglasses and walked up to the desk. He looked super familiar. "Good Afternoon sir, how can I help you"he said. "I had an appointment for Cameron Logan"he said, leaning against the counter. Cameron Logan, like the Cameron Logan.

He chuckled at the fact that I went into a daze. "You good"he said. I snapped out of my trance, typing on my computer. "I'm sorry Mr Logan, who's the patient"I said, going back to work. "Lynn Logan"he said.

I nodded myself, typing it in. "Okay and what is your relationship to Miss Logan"I said, looking up. "Sadly, my wife"he said, rolling my eyes. The woman, who I'm guessing was Lynn looked over at him, looking even more upset. "Are you freaking serious Cameron, you think right now is the time to make me feel even worse that I already feel"she said.

Her eyes went from anger to sadness, tears forming in her eyes. He kissed his teeth, waving her off. "Man, whatever"he said. Dang, that was harsh. She wiped her tears.

I cleared my throat. "Okay, Mrs Logan is all clear. You can go ahead and head in"I said. She nodded as the body guard followed behind her. Her husband was heading towards the waiting room. "Mr Logan, you know you can go in there with her"I said.

He stuffed his hands in his pocket,walking back to the desk. "What's your name"he said,leaning against the counter. I was surprised by the fact that he completely ignored my question. I sighed, "my name is Tanya"I said. He nodded, "Tanya...simple yet beautiful"he said,I felt myself blushing.

He smiled brightly. Man he was fine. I sweatsuit and a beanie did him well. He stroked his splotchy beard. "I saw you were about to get off"he said,standing up straight.

"Yea,I was"I said,playing with the ends of my hair. "Well,I have some time and there's a coffee shop down the street. You want to join me"he said, a wide and persuasive smile on his face. I blushed and chuckled lightly, "the offer sounds great but I have to get home and you have a wife to think about right now"I said. He nodded, "Lynn is more of an estranged wife and I'm pretty sure 5 minutes at a coffee shop wouldn't hurt"he said. I sighed.

His "wife" would be in there for quite awhile and I needed something to keep my mind off of Calvin. I looked up at him, "sure,why not"I said. "Cool,I'll meet you outside in 5"he said. I nodded before he walked off and headed out of the door. I bit on the inside of my lip as I grabbed my bag,heading to the break room to clock out.