Chapter: 1

"Thanks for dropping me home Julie.", I happily chirped and gave my best friend a side hug before I got out of her car.

"No problem darling. But do call after you are done with all your work.", She spoke waving at me.

I waved back and took my keys out to open the locked door of my house. After opening the door, I went inside and removed my shoes near the door.
I ran upstairs in my room to freshen up and change into comfy clothes.

I came back downstairs quickly in my pyjamas. I was about to go to the kitchen, when I noticed that the door of my mom's room was open with lights on which was very unlikely. My mom should be in the office at this time.

I slowly opened the door and tried to see my mother, when I found her face down on the floor. One of her hand was holding her bottle of sleeping pills with some pills spilling out. I screamed loud, "Mom!?". Crying, I made her lay on her back quickly. Her hands were getting cold. I checked her neck and she was breathing. I took a deep breathe in some relief.

Oh no! She cannot do that. I quickly ran outside to find my phone but I was not able find it. I then ran upstairs taking two steps at a time and was almost going to fall when my foot missed on step. But I ran taking in quick small breathes. I slammed my room's door open and picked my phone from the bed. I quickly dialed for ambulance and then called Julie to come at my place asap. She just lives 5 minutes away.

I then ran downstairs and into my mom's room. I started rubbing her hands and tried to wake her up. My brain wasn't working properly, hands shaking, heart racing and head aching.

Julie barged in running and saw me besides mom, crying. She hugged me and rubbed my back, saying things so that I stop crying. But I was shocked and in a state of trauma. My nervous system was in a frenzy.

After a few minutes an ambulance arrived and then took my mom in. I stayed with her in the ambulance while Julie came in her car in the hospital.

All the way to the hospital I held her hand. She has to stay with me. She cannot go away like that.

My mom has changed a lot after dad died in a car accident suddenly 2 years back. She became quiet and was sad most of the time. I forgot how she used to smile when we all were together and happy.
Mom never had time to spend with me afterwards because of her busy schedule  she had to work harder for giving all the money back that my father took as loan for his new company.
The debt has been paid but the company has not been thriving or anything, which has made her more stressed.

She was taken into the emergency room and I waited outside impatiently for her to be alright again. Julie was sitting with me, rubbing my back and talking, trying to lighten up my mood a bit.

The doctor came out and told me that my mom was doing fine and that she was awake. She was shifted into a regular room where a IV drip was attached to her hand cause apparently she was dehydrated aswell.

Slowly I entered her room so as to not wale her up but she was already awake, looking at the ceiling.

"Mom?", I whispered. She slowly looked at me and gave a little smile.

"You scared me mom. Please don't do that ever again. You cannot leave me alone! You understand?", I was ranting now.

"I'm sorry my baby. I had no choice.", Tears falling from her eyes.

"I'll help you mom with everything. You are not alone. I know dad is not here but I'll always be there for you.", I whispered crying while wiping her tears.

She nodded her head while patting mine.

"You go home and rest my child. You have classes tomorrow aswell.", She insisted.

"No mom I won't. I have to stay with you.", I said with a face which said, 'No means no'.

But then my mother's friend Hannah entered the room with a bag. "You can go home darling. I'll be here with your mom for the night. You can come here after school.", She said smiling.

"See, you can go home now.", Mom said with a little smile on her face and I pouted back.

"Fine!", I reluctantly agreed to both of them to go home. I went out to tell Julie to drop me home, but Julie wasn't there.

I sat on the chair outside my mom's room to call her. I was going to take out my phone when I felt someone sit besides me.

When I looked at my side a guy with a cream ish hoodie, blue jeans and white snickers was looking at me with a smirk. His face wasn't visible much all I could see were his green eyes and his smirk.

"I can drop you home darling.", He whispered.

"Huh?!", I was surprised and didn't know what to say.

"I mean you want to go home right? I can drop you home.", He explained but their was some type of mischief in his voice and expressions.

"No thanks.", I said while trying to find Julie's number.

She disappears every freakin time I need her, I thought.

He took my phone from my hand and coming closer he said, "I'm not going to eat you. I'll drop you home."

With a frown on my face I was going to push him away when I heard Julie say, "Hey what are you doing here? I went to the canteen to buy coffee for both of us."

With a relief I looked at her and back at the guy again when I saw there was no one sitting beside me. My phone was there on my lap.

Am I going out of my mind? I am seeing and imagining people now. With a sigh I said, "Mom told me to go back home cause I have  classes tomorrow. I was going to call you."

"Oh! Let's drink coffe and go home then. I'll stay with you today.", She said smiling and we drank coffee while talking.

I still was wondering about that man while talking to her cause he felt so real and like I knew him. Maybe it was because of all the stress I was taking.

              _______________________

Another day and another chapter.
Thank you for reading.