Chapter 4

HEHEHEHE! I have over fifty views now.... :) soon my plan to take over the world will be completed... HAHAHAHA *coughs* wait, did I say that out loud...

        Oopsies

--------------------------------------------------------------------

        As we walked along the streets, I kept asking him questions. They were all normal, but one of his answers caught me off guard. "I'm a senior in high school." After one last gulp of the hot chocolate, I threw out the cup and Matt followed my lead.

        I looked at him with surprise. "Really? I thought you were younger than that. Like, fourteen or so."

        He chuckled. "You haven't seen a teenager in a while, huh?"

        I blushed a little and stared at him. I guess he does only look a bit younger than the freshmen in college.

        "I guess you're right." I stopped walking. "By the way. Why didn't you just get a job yourself if you needed the money so badly?"

        He put a hand behind his head and stuttered a bit. "W-well, I guess people didn't want to hire a pickpocket."

        "How did they know?" I asked, slowly starting to walk again.

        "I sort of have a criminal record from when I was a bit younger." Mathew said with an embarassed look.

        My sigh never reached his ears, but it was still there. "So what do you want to do? For a job, I mean."

        "Umm, well, anything really."

        "So then you're okay with being a janitor in a mexican resturant?" I asked, trying to keep a serious look on my face.

        Mathew grimaced. "If it's the only thing-"

        I waved my hand through the air, cutting him off and grinned. "I was joking, but what do you really want to do?"

        "W-well, I wouldn't hate it if I could help in an auto-body shop." He mumbled, slightly embarrassed. 

        My smile widened. "Just your luck, I have a friend who just so happens to own one." I skipped ahead and waved towards him. "Come hither, child! For thy am to find thou a vocation."

        He laughed a bit before catching up to me."You are so weird."

        I patted his arm. "As true as it is, you cannot call me weird, I'm getting you a job."

        Mathew chuckled a bit and I grabbed his hand, pulling him in the direction of the car shop.

        "Come, come, for we have no time to waste."

                        ~Time Skip~

        "Sure, he can come work for me after he's done school on Monday." A burly man in overalls said while shaking Mathew's hand. 

        I gave my friend a hug. "Thank you, Billy!."

        A chuckle rumbled in his chest as he patted my back. "Any time, Lys." He put me down then waved his finger in front of my face. "Now don't go being clumsy and tripping over your own feet, got it. You had me scared the last time."

        I blushed but hid it with a laugh. "It was only slight concussion and some bruises."

        Billy shook his head, then stared Mathew down. "If your late I will have your ass on a platter, got it?"

        Mathew nodded fiercely, intimidated by the threat. "Got it!"