Chapter 1- Ad and purchase

"Tired of your usual vacation"

The man sitting on his levitating la-Z-boy perks up at the ad on the screen he turns around, giving the screen his attention.

"At time core tech we pride ourselves in giving you the best vacations money can buy."

A VR prompt alerts him, he clicks on the button at his thumb. The goggles come from behind his chair, they secure themselves to his head fitting snugly.

"See the world in a different time. Come visit the wild west and have a drink with billy the kid"

He finds himself in an old western bar surrounded by men of the period.

Pop!!! A shot rings out and the scene explodes into a brawl. A bottle flies his way, he ducks to avoid it. Closing his eyes he is shocked to discover a change of scenery.

A crowd cheers, he finds that he has been transported to a hippodrome and they are on chariots racing. The driver screams at him and he shudders. Another chariot hits them from the side. The crowd cheers loudly as blood spews from one of the horses. It falls down, the undercarriage is snagged on its limp body catapulting him and the rider forward he cringes but screeches to a halt a few inches from the ground.

"If you wanna experience the real thing purchase it now Vacation time, visit time in a different era. Suited for whatever you need."

A smile comes over his face, clicking he brings the purchase screen to view filling up the necessary information.

Name: Smith, Mark
Age:35
Credit card no. *******190

A small pop up fills half the screen for a limited time only be the first one to try our ultrarealistic Time traveler simulation only add $99.00 to your cart. His eyes sparkle at the option and he clicks to purchase.
Clicking yes in the terms and agreements. He expedites the delivery of the package.

Delivery time: in 24 hours
On May 27, 2355.

Paying it no mind he resumes the task of eating his cheese puffs and grinding the night away with his video games. Slowly the night grows darker, drifting into a food coma sleep comes for him.

Ding
Ding
Ding

The bowl is knocked over as he wakes up to the sound of the doorbell ringing. Slowly he stands gingerly on his feet his massive frame lumbering he stables himself with a hand on the couch. His feet haven't received the message yet. With a clap the light comes on revealing Mark's huge frame of 300 lbs but at a stature of 5 feet 2 inches. He sees his belly, a pang of sadness nips at him. An extra cheese curl is found near his left breast he picks it up and happily tosses it in his mouth.

Ding ding ding

The doorbell rings again.

"I'm coming"

Soft thuds echo throughout his apartment as he approaches the door. Mark's hands grab the wall, his feet, and legs still half asleep. At the door the package has been left by the courier on top of it a huge fragile sticker is placed. The huge logo of time core tech on its sides. He smiles and excitedly drags the box in. Huffing and puffing as this was the most exercise he has done in a few days.

Ripping the box open a black leather container is inside. It opens into a red lined container with an instruction manual in the middle, and a wristwatch. A cartridge bearing the logo of time core tech is underneath the manual. He picks up the watch and tosses aside the manual.

With the glee of a 5 year old boy the cartridge is plugged into his apartment computer, it installs into the database and he clicks on the prompts with a huge grin. Looking forward to the adventure at hand he prepares a sandwich as it downloads the necessary programming. On top of the counter he examines the watch that came with the package. Blue with a black finish it looks like a digital sundial. He grins as he reaches for the sandwich on his plate.

"Download complete" says the computer.

He claps his hands together, pocketing the watch he moves to the chair and carries his sandwich.

He runs the simulation.

"Please choose your timeline"

He puts the sandwich underneath his chin as he swipes through the option.

"Ancient Rome selected"

"Would you like to run the time traveler simulation that you have purchased?"

He clicks yes the lazy boy purrs to life and makes the adjustment for the experience.

He takes another bite of the sandwich. The coordinates plot in, a loading screen hovers in front of the chair he clicks for the goggles and they fasten securely onto his head.
He chews happily as the program hits 100 percent with a satisfying ding.

He has whisked away to a sunny cobblestone street. With a little more time his eyes adjust a few citizens were staring at him. Waving like a kid at school the citizens wave back he is surprised to see he still has the sandwich in hand he chomps down on the sandwich and makes his way down the street. A few giggling scantily clad ladies pass him by and they give him lusty looks. He is enamored by them, giggling himself. When a piece of bread catches itself on his throat. He coughs trying to maintain to composure. Facing away from the ladies now he pounds on his chest but it was clear that he was choking. The passages tightening he gasps for what little air there was that passes through he coughs violently trying to get his bearings. He spots a man with a goblet standing not too far from him, who was eating and laugh in the middle of a crowd. With a second thought he sprints for the man. Knocking a few people over he takes the goblet from his hand, takes it to his mouth and drinks. The warm liquid slides down his throat. It was a mixture of sour, yet sweet grapes. Some of it spills at the sides of his mouth but he gobbles it down. After he swallows it he takes a few deep breaths. Slowly getting up to his feet. The men he knocked over were all around him now. The man he took the goblet from towered over him. His form menacing, his eyes like daggers piercing through Mark's body.

Slap!

He never saw it coming as a backhand slam into the side of his face. It felt so real,
It felt like it actually hit him. The men started speaking in a foreign language to him. He waves trying bring up the menu to turn on the subtitles option. When he looked down at his forearm it was a red speck. Then followed by another.
His fingers held his nose gingerly
It was blood.
His nose was bleeding, But how can that be??? He thinks to himself as the men close in.

To be continued.