boytoy

When Bret and Owen finally reached the school, he headed over to see his one friend, while Owen went to his group of friends.

"Sunny! It's been so long since I've seen you." Bret runs to give her a hug.

"It has, I missed you so much hitman." She smiles brightly.

Bret finally pulls away from the hug and strokes his friends hair, "You cut it."

"Yeah. Do you like it?" She asks, twirling her hair.

"Of course. It looks great on you!" Bret compliments.

"Thanks—" Sunny says before a guy with long blonde hair and gorgeous eyes wraps his arms around her.

Bret could recognize that guy anywhere, it was Shawn Michaels, his longtime enemy. They had hated each other ever since first grade, when Shawn knocked down his LEGO. Ever since then, it just escalated. Bret couldn't stand pretty boy Shawn, and his best friend Hunter.

"Hey sunny," Shawn smirks and looks over at Bret, "Hey hitman."

"What do you want, boy toy?" Bret crosses his arms.

"Nothing. Just came over to say hi to this beautiful girl over here. Hope I didn't interrupt anything." Shawn darts his eyes back to Sunny.

"For your information, you did interrupt us. So do us both of a favour and leave!" Bret glares.

"Easy, easy," Shawn throws his hands up in defence.

"Sorry about him. He's a little grumpy today." Sunny laughs.

Bret gasps. Was she really allowing this?

"It's fine. I've dealt with him long enough, I know how grumpy he can get. Isn't that right, Bret?" Shawn touches Bret's shoulder, making him jump.

"Don't touch me Michaels." Bret grits through his teeth.

"As you wish. I'll call you later Sunny." Shawn winks at her.

Sunny nods and blushes.
Bret glares as he watches Shawn leave.

"What do you see in that guy, honestly?" Bret rolls his eyes.

"Are you kidding? He's the hottest guy in the whole school!"

"I mean, I guess. But he literally calls himself the heartbreak kid. He also has a huge ego, and don't even get me started on his attitude."

"Cut the bullshit Bret. Can't you just tell me why you don't like Shawn? You always talk bad about him and I never really understood why." Sunny asks.

"Fine," Bret sighs, "Lets just say we don't get along very well, as we're pretty much polar opposites. We've also said some pretty bad things to each other and that didn't help either."

"That's in the past. I like Shawn a lot, and I think you could too. I don't want to have to see you guys bicker every time I'm with with the two of you. Please just try and get along? For me?" Sunny pleads.

"I guess I could try and talk to him. Arguing is only going to hurt ourselves anyway." Bret agrees.

"Exactly! I'm sure you guys can make up." Sunny smiles.

Bret wasn't sure of that, but he'd try anyway.