confrontation

The school day felt like years for Bret, he wasn't sure if he could take it any longer.

The more he saw Shawn in his classes, the more he thought about what Sunny said. She's right, now that Shawn and her have this thing going on between them, it's only right that they try and get along. It doesn't mean that he's going to enjoy it though.

On the last class of the day, which Shawn happened to be in, he waited for Shawn to collect his books and clean up his desk.

God, he was slow.

Shawn picked up the rest of his books before he headed for the door.
Hesitantly, Bret rushed up right behind him and tapped him on the shoulder.

Shawn whipped his head back and had the most puzzling look on his face.

"Bret? Um, what's up?"

Bret was shocked he wasn't laughing or had a cocky look on his face like he usually does. He looked confused and... maybe even concerned?

"Look...I just want to talk to you for a second." Bret mumbles.

Shawn raises his eyebrow, "Okay well, make it quick. My friends are waiting for me outside."

"Yeah, yeah." Bret says, and pulls Shawn into a quiet place in the hallway, "I want to talk about this thing between Sunny and you."

"Oh yeah? What about it?" Shawn smirks.

Looks like his cockiness is back.

"I'm fine with it, if she's happy I'm happy." Bret starts, "But if you dare to hurt her I will murder you. Understand?"

"You're not jealous, are you hitman?" Shawn teases.

"Shut up, why would I ever be jealous, I hate your guts." Bret rushes out.

Shawn has a look of amusement on his face now, "I was asking cause I thought you may have a thing for sunny, not for me."

"I-I knew that of course!" Bret shouts, his face bright pink.

"Really? Doesn't seem like you did."

"You know what? I'm done. I don't know what I was thinking talking you and your big ego." Bret turns around to walk away.

"Wait," Shawn stops him, "I was just teasing ya. Do you have to tell me anything else?"

Bret stops and remembers why he was supposed to talk to him in the first place. There was absolutely no way he was going to try to 'make up' with Shawn after this.

"Forget it. Just remember what I said, mess with her feelings and you're dead." Bret warns and walks away.

Shawn just stood there stunned, he couldn't believe he just had that talk with the hitman.

"Shawn, you good? The boys and I have been waiting outside for a while." Shawn's best friend, Hunter appears.

"Huh? Oh yeah sorry, I got a little distracted." Shawn lies.

"Distracted by who? Sunny?" Hunter teases.

"Sure." He forces a smile.

"That's my boy." Hunter wraps his arm around Shawn as they walk out the door.