Chapter 3: Drop It.

"Did you kill someone?"

Parker was silent for a moment, "No,"

Courtney nodded, deciding to trust him.

"So you decided to actually go to school today?"

"Physically, yes, mentally, no,"

Parker couldn't help but snort. It made Courtney smile, knowing she made him laugh.

Parker gave her a bit of a confused look. She immediately wiped the smile from her face and turned her head in a different direction.

"...Where did you hear I killed someone?"

"Apparently everyone has heard about it,"

"...I hate rumors..."

"Just a few more months and you'll be free from Highschool,"

He scowled, "I don't even know what I'm going to do with my life,"

"Dad and Father will help you,"

Parker nodded and they walked the rest of the way in silence.

Soon Courtney was in her room, scrolling through Reddit. She was thinking about what she was going to do about Bianca.

She had to figure out a way to make her leave her alone.

Fighting her wasn't an option, that much was clear. She could tell a teacher... No, she wasn't going to be a snitch. She had to get through this on her own.

She set down her phone and began pacing. Her brain refused to focus though, and kept drifting to the idea of Parker killing someone.

He wouldn't do that, he's too much of a pussy. A wuss.

Then again...

Unable to focus, she sat down, put her earbuds in and started playing music to escape.

The next day Courtney went into the school and hid in a bathroom to avoid Bianca.

She sat in a stall and pulled out the cigarettes she stole. She lit one and held it to her mouth, inhaling the fresh smoke. As she breathed it back out, it filled the stall and clogged her senses.

It felt good to forget everything. Nothing to worry about, even for just a few minutes.

Die.

The thought came so suddenly and aggressively it was jarring. Tears stung Courtney's eyes as the thought repeated itself.

Die, die, die.

"I don't want to die..." She murmured before taking another hit.

She stayed there until she heard the last bell ring. Then she was walking home with Parker.

"Got your head in the clouds?" Parker asked,

Courtney barely glances at him, "I guess,"

"What's up with you? You haven't insulted me once,"

She scoffed, "Just some girl bothering me."

"You could kill her,"

"...What?"

"Yeah, just sneak up on her and bash her head in against a wall,"

Courtney didn't respond this time. She was disgusted with herself for considering this for a split second. She wasnt going to resort to murder.

Right?

"...Sorry, that was really weird to blurt out," Parker said,

"You did kill that guy, didn't you?"

"...Fine, I did."

"How the hell did you get away with it?"

"I'll spare you the details." He responded coldly, walking into the house.

Courtney slowly went to her room and sat down.

Okay, all she needs to do to stop thinking about killing Bianca was prove to herself she couldn't get away with it.

So, how would she do it? She'd wait for Bianca behind the school and lead her to the local cemetery. No one had been buried there for a long time so no one would be around. She would dig a hole before hand, then she'd take Bianca over to that big tomb chamber thing. And when she had her back turned, she would grab her hair and smash her head against the wall.

Courtney knew this fantasy was going too far when she realized she could get away with it. Then she started wondering if she wanted to do it...

If she wanted to be a murderer.