Rose's Dimension Canon

Mickey ajusted the parts on the control panel of the dimension canon and tossed a button at me. I strung it around my neck and prayed that it would work.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1!" Mickey sceams as he flips the canon on. It whirred and buzzed, making hopeful noises of it powering up.

I cross my fingers as I press the yellow button. I felt myself slowly turning to dust, but the joyful sensation ended almost instantly, destroying me inside. The past six months we've been working on this portal- this dimension canon to get me back to the doctor. Everyone has heard my story and they all say the same thing.

"Go, go back. You both deserve to be happy and together."

The pole of the canon buzzed with electricity and then it died again.

"It's alright Rose. We'll get it to work." Mickey said encouragingly.

"Yeah. I know."

I clocked out and said goodnight to Patricia.

"It's alright Rose, you'll see him again." Patricia smiled weakly.

"Thanks Pat, you be safe tonight there's a storm on it's way." I reply and run out into my car.

The drive home was somewhat soothing. Nirvana was blasting on the radio and the heat from my coffee warmed me up from the December cold. I pulled into the car room and slammed my car door.

"How'd it go darling?"  Mum asked hopefully.

"Nothin' no new results or anything." I replied glumly.

I go into my room and change into comfortable clothes then go to the movie room and cry. The TARDIS, the doctor, the traveling, all just a faint memory. I'll live out my days in this parallel world and live a completely normal life. Drying my cheeks, I prepare for a long night and pop "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone"  into the DVD player.

FLASHBACK 1

The rain splashed heavily down on us as the doctor took off his coat and held it above us. Laughing, we both run into the TARDIS and sit on the floor soaking wet.

"Rose your soaking!" The Doctor laughed hysterically.

"Oi! At least my hair isn't as bad as yours."

"What did you say about my hair?" he asked angered.

"Nothing!" I giggled and ran down the corridor.

We dried off and went to the TARDIS'S screening room where we decided to watch "Harry Potter."  We created a sort of pillow-blanket-fort in the middle of the room and we huddled under the "roof" with blankets and hot chocolate.

"You know, wizards and timelords are very close cousins." The Doctor stated halfway to the movie.

"Are you tellin' me that you're related to Harry Potter?" I asked, not believing him.

"Yes! It's true you know, there's a parallel universe for all the wizarding folk!" He replies, "I'll take you one day."

"It's a date then." I smile and continue watching the movie.

{I hope you guys like this chapter! Sorry it's a bit on the short side but I promise there will be more! ~Sarah}