Chapter 8

He groaned in annoyance for the pink haired Dragon Slayer. He really didn't have no clue what went through Natsu's head sometimes.

First, he picked a fight with the blonde when she was starting to feel unwell.

Then claimed she was cheating on him when the girl was only telling Gray about how she felt unwell.

Wouldn't listen to her when she was bedridden; when she was trying to tell him about her chat with the Icemaker. Telling him that Gray was only there by the docks with her that one time because she could barely walk herself home that day.

Gray rolled his eyes. Natsu was oblivious to pretty much everything other than fighting. He even had to make matters worst; that Pinky...

As well as disappearing for two days without any signs, right after the girl needed him the most.

And, as soon as she felt better and everyone was happy, he had to remain hidden.

The Icemaker really wanted to take Natsu up on his offer. Even though Lucy was fine now, he still wanted knock some sense into the Pinky. But then again, that's Natsu for you.

No matter how much Gray hated to admit it. He still couldn't believe why Luc actually liked the guy in the first place.

Another sigh escaped his lips. He really needed to do a checkup on his friends instead of letting those like Natsu come through.

Gray walked pass the trees into a clearing. In the middle of it was a small shack with trash piled outside. This was Natsu's house, because the lad never thought to rent a house.

He opened the door and the pink haired was nowhere to be seen. He knew Happy was already at the guild with the others partying. "Where the fuck are you..." he groaned as he closed the door once again.

...

He searched through the night and ended up falling asleep in the middle of the woods. Course, the party was already over by now. Gray lifted his butt off the ground and stretched his arms. He was starting to wonder if Natsu was even around Magnolia anymore.

Well, last time he seen the Dragon Slayer, he was running out of the guild hall. He probably flee for it or something.

"You idiot..."

He wlked through the trees until he saw sunlight piercing through the branches. Each step brought him closer to the edge, and soon he was out of the forest and in front of him was a high cliff.

He didn't know why, but he just started walking forward. At the very end of the cliff was a small tree without any leaves.

A small smile tugged at Gray's lips. He could see the whole city from here. As well as the sun raise. All of the different colors shined as the sun rose.

This was a beautiful place.

Until he saw a pale hand lying out on the ground from the tree.

He slowed his pace and his eyes darted from each side of the tree, waiting for a monster to jump out.

Instead, he found a body.

Wrinkled skin.

Limp limbs.

Dirt-patched clothes.

Clutched leaf.

Drooped eye sockets.

White scarf wrapped around his neck.

A red fairy tail mark...on his right shoulder.

Pale pink hair.