Keigo takami (Hawks) x reader pt.1

Today was just your regular lazy day at the office. Then again nothing really interesting happened. Like ever.

You watched the clock as it ever so slowly tick away to the time of your freedom from your grueling day job. Home was the only thing you could think about at this point in time.

With a heavy sigh the clock finally reached 5:00. Freed from you desk and the worries of the day, you picked up your jacket and headed out the door to the slightly chilled air. As you were walking through the streets you heard your phone buzz, pulling it out of your pocket to see who had disturbed the peace and quiet of you walk home. You noticed it was from you best friend: the number 2 pro hero Hawks.

Oh did I forget that you where best friends with him, whoops!

You answered the call with a simple "yes?" The man on the end of the line chuckled a little, " hey (y/n), have you been!" He said. "Meh, it's been boring as ever without you here." You replied with a giggle. All you heard in return was, "aww did you miss me?" In a childish way. Yup this was definitely Hawks. Soon after he said, " do you wanna come hang out with me, maybe make your day a little more exciting?" With another giggle you replied with a simple "sure!" " all right dove, I'll pick you up from your place around 7 and we can have a movie night at my place." And with that he hung up. This was normal though. Only one problem, he has never called you "dove" before, he always called you (y/n). You brushed the thought away, think it was just a slip of the tongue.

Maybe it was maybe it wasn't, you didn't know.

After that you walk was peaceful once more. The only things you could hear were the singing of the birds, the cars driving by and, the wind blowing through the trees. Finally making it to your apartment, walking in to the small living room felt like the warm hug of a loved one when up against the chill in the air of the city. It was calming to say the least. Walking to your room to get rid of the horrid and uncomfortable clothes you have to wear to work and change into something more comfy.

Walking out of your room in a oversized hoodie and shorts instead of the semi-formal clothes of work. It felt nice. Deciding that it would be a good idea to nap until Hawks got there was what you were gonna do, you collapsed onto the couch and almost instantly fell asleep.

A few hours later, you heard a loud knock on your door. Grumbling as you sat up and stretching. Another set of sharp knock was heard against you door, "hold on I'm coming, chill." You said that last part mostly to yourself seeing as the person outside was incredibly inpatient. Walking over to the door with a yawn you grabbed the door knob to open the door. When you opened it you saw your best friend outside. "Hey dove, how've you been?" He said. "Fine, just woke up from a nap, what about you?" You replied, backing away from the door to let him in. " regular hero work is all." He said walking inside.

Turning around to look at him, the only thing you could think about was

'why did he call me dove?'

I know this is a one-shot book but I have to make this more than one part for my sanity and to give you guys something to read while I work on other things

~Nokumi