...Never...

Tony found himself back in his chair like every other night for the past week. The storm outside has gotten a little worse as the rain hits his window a little harder than last night, but Tony doesn't mind it. And this time, Tony has a little something different with him. In his mouth was a lit cigar, something he never did before. He thought it was something that "bad people" or "sinners" did. But why keep it like that? Why should he listen to his beliefs anymore? He's got nothing else left to lose anyways.

He hoped that tonight would be different, that his pain would finally end, but unfortunately, it wasn't over. Oh no, it's never over. As if God himself and the Devil decided to work together for once.

The memories of Tony's childhood linger in his mind. When he was a simple innocent boy who did nothing wrong, and when he would come home from work every evening. Tony remembers the screams, oh those horrific screams, and the sound of muffled sobbing coming from a closed closet. He wishes he never saw it, but as to little luck he's ever had, he saw it.

It. He thought.

He remembers the hellish days that the one person who believed in him and who he loved was always put to blame. He remembers the bastard one would call "father" and the sound of leather cracking upon soft skin. He also recalls the sound of his mother screaming bloody murder as he was a damn coward and hid in the closet when she needed him the most.

What if... He thought. What if you weren't so fucking pathetic? What if you actually did something to help her instead of being a little bitch in that closet? Could that have saved her?

Those questions Tony thought about has always questioned. Ever since he was a child, he's always asked those questions. Perhaps his life could have been better. Perhaps his mother wouldn't have tied that rope around her neck that one day he found her with when coming home from school. Who knows? Does God or the Devil know? If so, why must they let him suffer any longer? He could have had a normal life, but they didn't allow it.

Tony took another puff from his cigar, a little too much as he coughs up a storm. He drops his cigar on the ground as he drops his friend too. Upon breathing again, Tony curses like a sailor as he furiously steps on the cigar to put it out. He swoops his friend off the ground and sets it on the dresser like before as he got up from his chair. He slowly walks out of his room, but not without smashing all of his belongings except for his friend off the dresser. Glass shatters and objects break upon hitting the floor.

Tony storms out of the room without looking back on his mistake...