; chapter 2

Seung Ah covered her mouth with the back of her hand as she yawned that night. When she glanced at her watch on her desk, she gasped in shock. It was about ten minutes before 12 and Seung Ah still hasn't gone home yet because of the amount of work she had to finish that day.

Seung Ah then said, "Oh goodness... How the time flies. I really need to check the time more often." She suppressed a yawn and stretched out her limbs as she leans back on her chair.

"I guess that's it for tonight." She said and stood up to put her stuff away from the desk as well as turning off her laptop.

After making sure she had switched off the lights in her workplace, Seung Ah closed the door and proceeded to walk down the hallway. She did a few turns and then was passing by King Lee Gon's office when suddenly the door opened up and came out Yeong.

"Ah, goodness me!"

Seung Ah jumped in surprise at his sudden appearance. She held her hand to her chest as she exhaled the air to calm herself down while Yeong stared at her. Seung Ah dropped her hand and turned to look at Yeong to say, "Are you always like that, Captain Jo?" 

Yeong frowned at her and asked, "Like what?"

"Nevermind."

The bodyguard was taken aback surprisingly at her. Yeong continued to stare at her when he remembered what the king had ordered him to do earlier.

A few minutes ago...

"I'm sorry, your majesty, but what?"

Jo Yeong asked again, not removing his gaze at His Majesty, King Lee Gon who's sitting behind his office desk. He had been staring at his king like he's grown two heads at the moment because of what he said just now.

"I'm giving you a day off tomorrow." His king repeated his exact words as before. Seeing his bodyguard is still in confusion, Lee Gon explained further, "You'll not be working tomorrow for a whole day, Yeong."

"May I ask why, Your Majesty?" Jo Yeong said, still couldn't get what his king was telling. "Why are you not letting me do my job tomorrow?" He then widened his eyes at a realization. Did he do something wrong to his king? Did he do something that the king himself doesn't favor? Did he not do his duty right or... Is he annoying to his own king? A lot more thoughts washed through Jo Yeong's mind, causing him to panic inside. His king saw this and his uneasy expression.

He asked, "What is it?"

Yeong turned his body to face his king and bowed his head at his majesty."I apologize, Your Majesty. I will do my best and not disappoint you anymore." Yeong explained.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean-" Yeong raised his head to look at his king who was staring at him confused. The bodyguard thought to himself and said again, "Is it because I did not perform well, Your Majesty?"

King Lee Gon stared at him for a second and suddenly chuckled, which surprised Yeong. He then said, "Ah, no, Yeong. You worked hard every day so you deserve a rest." Gon said. "Anyways, I will not be here tomorrow." Yeong raised his eyebrows a bit. "Are you leaving again?" The king nodded shortly in return. Yeong didn't care too much because it happened a few times before. The king disappearing suddenly once and the whole royal court were chaotic about the issue. Yeong himself had searched for His Majesty alongside with his team everywhere around the palace ground but failed. 

Then after a few days, the king appeared out of nowhere but didn't tell about where he went. Yeong just thought that maybe the king went somewhere to calm himself down or something. And then it happened again. Lady Noh had told the royal court that the king stayed in his study room and never got out. So that's what they told the public as an excuse.