Part Six

After an hour or so, Mrs Corbyn and Mrs Bercow found their husbands sitting slumped on a park bench together, feeding the birds some seeds Jeremy had found in his jacket pocket, happily enjoying the fresh air and acknowledging the odd passer-by.

They both turned to each other and giggled as Sally said, "Ah yes, I can see what their retirement is going to look like", Laura laughed before humorously adding, "Indeed... I can just picture the headlines now, 'two grumpy old men setting the world to rights, somewhere north of Islington'!"

John and Jeremy slowly got to their feet to greet their wives. "Are we bankrupt now?" John jibed jokingly, to which Sally replied, "If bankrupt means spending a bit on treating my loving husband to a few new flashy designer ties, then yes!"

Meanwhile, Mrs Corbyn was showing Jeremy some new varieties of seeds for various types of vegetables and wild berry bushes for them to try out in their allotment, along with a new pair of socks and a scarf in his beloved Arsenal colours.

After a short while, they all turned to one another and each said something similar along the lines of, "we've had a lovely day..." and "we must do this again sometime soon", before each couple parted and went off to spend the rest of the day together, and make the most of the time away from the busy Westminster bustle.

The End