Blue Skates

Quick authors note here! Since this story is like 'Game Boy' with a similar aesthetic, both Shoto and Izuku are boys. Izuku and Shoto like feminine clothing and makeup. Just wanted to clear up confusion so I'm not asked if one of the characters are girls like I've gotten before! If you have anymore questions, ask away and enjoy the story!

Izuku's p.o.v

"You never go out with your friends anymore." My mom said, coming into my room. I was laying in bed, bored and scrolling through my phone. "They aren't my friends anymore mom. They haven't been in a long time. I just hung out with them because I thought they were cool. They didn't even like me in the first place." I explained, taking off my wire rimmed circular glasses. My frizzy green hair sticking up wildly. "It's Saturday night and you're stuck inside. You should have more fun high school days! Go to a party or go to a friends house. As long as you're safe, I want you to have fun." She explained. "Then what should I do? Tell me something to do where I can go without friends." I said, closing my books. "Go to the roller rink. Remember your promise?"

*Flashback*

"Momma! Can I get a pair or roller skates? Please~" I begged at the mall, pointing through the window of Spencer's, a shop for teenagers. "I don't know Izu. Last time I got you something like that, you went to the skatepark twice and shoved the skateboard in your closet." She reasoned with me. But my eleven year old ass wasn't having it. "But momma! Every Friday all my friends go to the skating rink and now I can have my own skates! I already go every week so I know I like skating!" I reasoned. She wordlessly grabbed my hand and walked me into the store to look at the roller blades. My eyes instantly settled on a pair of pastel blue ones with pastel pink laces and wheels. A simple pair, but one I instantly loved. "Which ones do you like Izuku?" She asked, pulling off a few pairs of purple and pink. I grabbed the display skate and showed her with a smile. She ruffled my fluffy green hair and grabbed a box of my shoe size. "Let's try them on first okay?" She said, setting me down. I pulled off my bright red converse and slipped on the skates, tightening the laces. They fit perfectly, like a glove. I stood up in them, keeping my balance with the stoppers at the front. "They fit good momma!" I exclaimed, sitting back down so I wouldn't slip. "I'll get them for you but you have to promise me something." She explained. I nodded vigorously, a smile plastered on my face. "Promise me that you'll keep skating no matter what. You're good at it and it's a good skill. Promise?" She asked me. "I promise momma! I'll keep doing it! And I'll get better and I'll become a great skater one day!" She smiled at my enthusiasm, placing the pastel blue skates in their box. "Okay, I'll get them for you Izu. I love you." She said, carrying the box to the check out counter. Pulling her into a hug, I kept repeating thank you's to her until we left the store.

*flashback over*

"I never kept that promise did I?" I recalled, the fond memory of those pastel blue skates coming back to me. I dug around in my closet until I found the box they were in. Opening it up, I pulled them out and stared in awe. They really were pretty. They had a few scuffs on them from falling and sliding against the edges of the rink. I wasn't as good as I thought I was looking back at it. "The roller rink?" I asked again, placing the small skates back. "Yes. I'll give you some money to rent skates. Be back by ten or message me if you go to a friends house." She said, walking out of my room. I changed my clothes from my sweatpants to a white and red striped shirt and some light baggy overalls. I curled my hair a little with my brush and slipped on a pair of red vans. I added some red lip gloss and eyeshadow and curled my naturally long eyelashes. After I got dressed, I grabbed my phone and wallet, stuffing them in a small backpack. Flinging it on my back, I walked out of my room and up to my mom who was on the couch. "I'm ready to go out. I'll message you if I stay with a friend though, that's unlikely." I told her. "Okay sweetie. Here's twenty dollars for skates and snacks. Please be safe." She said, holding out the money with a smile. I took it and placed it in my bag, waving goodbye and walking out the door. It was seven pm on a Saturday night in the middle of summer. A perfect day for any teenager to do whatever they wished. I grabbed my pastel yellow bike and started pedaling to the nearest roller rink which was about a mile and a half away. I would get there in about fifteen minutes.

   The ride was surprisingly quiet, as I figured it wouldn't be. I made it to the rink in no time, the parking lot crowded with people. I expected nothing less. Walking through the doors, the rink was already crowded with people, music blaring and lights flashing. There were people at the tables eating concession snacks and drinks, talking with each other. Some people even had lockers here for their skates. I knew one of my old 'friends' had one. I'm not sure he does anymore. I walked to the counter, asking for a size six men's skate and was handed a pair of the dingy looking skates. The unimpressed teen took my money and handed back my change as I stuffed it in my backpack. I sat down at an empty table and took off my shoes, replacing the red vans with old skates. I stood up, careful to skate to the edge and hold onto the handle by the edge. I was defiantly rusty and not prepared to skate without help. I skates by the edge for a while getting the glares and laughs from the other people around. I just glared back, not in the mood to take their bullshit. Once I felt a little confident, I noticed people started making their way to the exit and the music stopped. Making my way around slowly, I was the last to leave the rink. Standing around the outer edge, I watched as one person skated gracefully to the middle. I stared for a moment, in awe by his looks. He wore a pink sweater with thin white stripes, jean shorts rolled up with a belt around his waist and his skates. Those were the thing that got me. Those were the same skates I had at home I had gotten all those years ago, the pastel blue with pastel pink laces and wheels. I guess he noticed my staring because he stared back at me with a shining interest in his eyes. He skated to the middle before his music started; a song I recognized as girls/girls/boys by Panic! At The Disco. I loved this song as did my raging bisexuality. The boy skating around gracefully gained a crowd as everyone watched with wide eyes at his skill. He seemed so happy to be skating that the crowd disappeared for him completely. The music continued, as did he until the song ended. I watched as he skated, gracefully rolling around the rink, swirling and dancing to the music. Once he jumped, the crowd whooped and whooed, amazed by his moves. He made eye contact with me for a moment, though it felt like forever, winking before skating to the edge of the rink, leaning inches away from my face.

"Meet me after the show Roller Baby."