Last Day

Izuku's p.o.v

   This was it. The last day of practice before the 'Battle Of The Roller Baby' begins. We had about one thousand people going to watch us in the rink and I was petrified. After Kacchan came to the rink and demanded us to do a routine together as a duo, I was trying to prepare myself. And he was not the same as Shoto was when he was teaching me: Kacchan was worse. Because I was now doing two routines, I had half the learning time with Sho and learning a new routine entirely with Kacchan. I don't think he understood how new I was to skating, especially with another person and preforming so he would get angry at me easily for slipping or anything like that. At first, I used that to my advantage, purposefully tripping and messing up so maybe he would drop the whole thing and preform by himself. But it didn't work out like I thought it would. "Not like that you damned nerd just-" he held his head in his hands watching me fail at his made up moves on the rink. "Why are you getting so upset with me?" I questioned, skating back over to him shakily. My legs were in pain from the amount of practice, not to mention I had hours more to do with Sho.

   "Because you're doing it wrong. If you did it properly, you'd have it down and I would win." He yelled. I thought for a moment before I spoke up. "You're so caught up with yourself winning, why am I even a part of your team? I'm not getting anything out of this from you." I said, leaning against the rail and looking out towards the rink. "You really don't get it, do you?" He skated in front of me, trapping me in a way. "You don't mean anything to me. You're not a partner or even close to being equal with me. But you have one thing going for you: you can draw a crowd of thousands. With you by my side, we can travel the world and you'll bring in the fans while I wow them, it's a perfect plan." I almost teared up but didn't want to show him that so I let my gaze fall to the slippery floors of the rink. "So you're saying that I'm worthless? That I'm nothing without you behind me? That I'm completely useless and only bring in the crowds while you get the spotlight?" He grabbed my chin and forced me to look up at him. "You finally caught on. That shows how dumb you really are." He whispered, pulling me in for a quick kiss. I was paralyzed against the frame of the rink. "Well I'm sick of it."

   He looked shocked for a moment, his guard let down enough for me to push him off of me. He fell back on his ass and looked up at me. "You know, I could ruin your entire routine. Fall and trip and stumble all around while you can only desperately try to fix it. I could do anything on that rink. Or I couldn't show up at all. What would the crowd do without their little Roller Baby out on the rink? They'd probably be upset, wouldn't they? So I'd watch what you say before I decide I don't want to be there to watch you fail." And with that, I turned on my skates and walked out of the rink. I sat at the table, pulling my skates off when Sho walked in. The boys were never at each other's practices because it was seen as a distraction. Kacchan usually hung out around while I was practicing with Shoto and Sho always got lunch for me and himself while I was practicing with Kacchan. "Hey dunce, tell the big baby that he has to skate with me." He yelled out to a very confused Shoto. "Izuku, why are you taking off your skates? We still have a few hours of practice don't we?" He asked, setting the bag of food down. He had pulled through some fast food place and got burgers and fries for us as a treat. "I'm not skating with him. I don't want to and he makes practice a living hell. He told me he just wants to use me for the crowd. I don't want to do it and I'm not going to." I said, shoving french fries in my mouth.

   "Then I'm afraid we can't do our routine either." Shoto said sadly. I looked back up at him. "Excuse me, what?" I asked confusedly. "If you don't do a routine with him, I can't do one with you. It wouldn't be a fair competition. So if you want to preform with me, you have to preform with him as well. If you don't preform at all, then tomorrow will just have to be a regular day of skating. However, I do hate making the people who paid in advance not see what they paid for." He thought for a moment but my solution was quicker than his mind. "I'll skate my own routine. You both skate your own. Whoever the crowd likes better, wins." I said aloud. Sho seemed to like the idea, however Kacchan had other plans. "What do we win? That doesn't seem fair." He started throwing out excuses. "You don't control me. And it's perfectly fair. If you win Sho, I'll preform with you whenever you want me to. Kacchan, if you win, I'll skate with you at any performances you want to." I stated. They both seemed satisfied with that plan. Suddenly, Shoto's face looked confused for a moment before he asked me, "But what about if you win." I thought for a moment, thinking of something I desperately wanted. Something that would satisfy me if I won this competition. Suddenly, it hit me like a truck and I grinned.

"If I win, I won't skate for either of you, ever again."