KenHina - Platonic Soulmates

Inspired by tetskurou 's BokuAkaKuroTsukki  soulmate series.

You can't be aromantic!

You have a soulmate mark though.

Aren't you gonna make your soulmate sad if you tell them you're aro?

You can't just live without romance!

Kenma had heard it all before. Ever since he had come out as aromantic, everyone began asking the same stupid questions. Did he have a soulmate mark on his wrist, like everyone else? Yes. Did he really give a fuck?

No. He didn't.

He personally didn't care whether or not he had a soulmate. The odds of them meeting were extremely low. The odds of them getting along were even lower. And they'd never be anything more than friends either. Kenma never once doubted that he was aromantic.

Not to mention, he really wasn't a fan of meeting the person he shared a volleyball mark with. Yes, it was a fucking volleyball. Not a heart, or sun, or moon or literally anything else. It was a volleyball.

Kenma was more than relieved to find out that Kuroo had a moon mark instead of a volleyball. He didn't think he was capable of dealing with Kuroo if they turned out to be soulmates.

However, there was one person Kenma was genuinely worried was his soulmate.

"Kenma!"

The blond jumped as a short redhead hugged him from behind. He smiled and patted the fluff of hair. "Hello, Shouyou."

"How was your day?" the redhead asked.

The teens began chatting as they made their way to the movie theatre. It was Shouyou's 17th birthday tomorrow, so they were hanging out in Tokyo, and then going back to Kenma's apartment for cake and more food, as well as the unveiling of the middle blockers soulmate mark at midnight.

It was an understatement to say Kenma was nervous.

"What movie are we going to watch?" Shouyou asked, skipping ahead a little. His hair was as fluffy as ever, and it looked ever softer when combined with an oversized hoodie he had stolen from Kenma and a pair of black joggers.

"Quiet Place 2," Kenma answered. He was wearing a simple green jacket over a T-shirt and some grey jeans, nothing special.

"Oooooo," Shouyou cooed. "I remember how scary the first one was. I can't wait to see the second one! And then we get to go to your place and have some cheesy rice cakes! This is gonna be awesome!"

Kenma laughed and tried to keep up as the redhead almost sprinted to get in line for popcorn. Forget soulmates for the time being. Right now, he just wanted to enjoy time with his best friend.

________________________________________________________________________________

"That was such a good movie!" Shouyou exclaimed, almost bouncing off the walls in excitement. "It was super scary but like not, you know? It was like suspenseful and just awesome!"

Kenma chuckled. The partial-blond unlocked the door to his apartment, letting Shouyou in first. "Yeah. The ending really got me."

"I know right!"

The two boys slipped their shoes off and made their way to the kitchen. They joked around while making the food, accidentally burning the bottom of the food because they forgot they were cooking. But it tasted good regardless, and the teens enjoyed their meal while watching Pokemon in the living room.