Nineteen|| Grandma Ethel

"The legend was passed down through our families but we never knew what to believe." The older woman said as she talked to us.

We were sitting on the front porch of Amentha's grandmas house.

Her, her dad and her younger brother all lived their.

Witchcraft traveled through their family and Amemtha was taught by her Grandma.

"So who's the perfect soul?" The grandma, Ethel, asked as she looked at all of us.

"Talia." Rosie said and put a hand on my shoulder. I forced a smile and the old lady stood in front of me.

Her chubby, wrinkled face pulled into a smile as she placed her hands on my face. My body stiffened and her smile faltered.

"Oh dear, no wonder you're the perfect soul." Her voice was low and saddening as she looked at me with hurt in her eyes.

I knew what she was talking about and I just forced a smile before placing my hand over the one that she held on my cheek.

In that moment, it felt as if I was pushed to the back seat.

The few happy memories I had surfaced and played like an old time movie.

They consisted of me and my aunt making brownies at two in the morning after a bad dream, me and her going to Walmart when money hit her food stamps card, some of them where even of the few good moments me and my mom shared- and the thought of her brought tears to my eyes.

What shocked me the most was the ones of me and Wicked these last couple of days.

My vision suddenly resurfaced and everything was clear as I looked at Ethel.

Her eyes were no longer sad as she looked at me with happiness and pulled me in for a hug, which I returned.

"You're gonna be great." She mutters before pulling away.

"Go pack your bag, you're obviously needed." She says to Amentha, who opens her mouth to argue but shuts it and walks away.

The father walks up to us and shakes Wicked's hand. "Make sure she stays safe- all of you stay safe." Wicked nods before Amentha comes out and we all leave.

"Momma?" I ask as we sit in front of the fire.

"Sí?" She asks before allowing her eyes to leave the fire and meet mine.

"Are things gonna get better?" She frowns slightly and sighs.

"Certo," she says gently before caressing my hair. "Tutto migliora con il tempo, piccola mia." (Of course. Everything gets better with time, my baby) I frown a little at her.

"Okay momma."

"dormi ora. ne hai bisogno." (Sleep now. You need it)

Once we had all realized that this process was going too slow, we decided to split up.

Rosie would message us with addresses as her, Teeny and Marvin went to get others.

After the car incident, we decided to not make so many long pit stops.

After Oklahoma, Wicked, Amentha and I went to New Mexico and they went Arkansas.

There, we found a Hedge Witch, Nick, and Rosie found a Sea Witch, Poppy.

This was the completion of the light witches.

From New Mexico, we went to Nebraska.

We found our Necromancy Witch, Naudicy and her twin, Hailey, happened to be our Death Witch.