Gymnopédie No.1

A rainy day. A city scape. A young girl makes her way out of her house. An umbrella to protect her from the rain. Her school uniform dampens as her shoes flip water on it. She walks up to a train station. 

The ambiance of the city fills the air. Lights and sounds fill her ears and eyes illuminating them. 

Her umbrella halts from catching rain as she enters the station. Her head points down to the ground as she waits. She stays in one place and people bustle around her. 

The train finally arrives to transport her to school.  She files into the train and packs into an open area to stand. She holds on to a handle attached to the ceiling. 

She watches out the window as the city flies by water drains down the windows. At her stop she gets off and immediately gets her umbrella out. She finally gets to her school. She exhales raising her head and putting a smile on her face. 

She turns the corner and meets with multiple people. Smiling and talking. She is just grateful she can get away from home. 

If this was cinematic, once she met her friends it would pan back through the route she took. Back to her door step. It would pan into the house. It would show many bottles a man passes out on the floor and a woman trying to clean up the mess. 

It would go back to the girl and she would reach out to one of her friends and a bruised wrist would show. She would cover it up and continue to smile.