Chapter 1

This story was requested by ChillFanGirl on FanFiction.net

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"C-c-c-come on, c-c-c-come on, let's go!" Christine called to Jeremy as a blush rose upon his face. He did what he could to ignore it, and grinned.

"C-c-c-come on, c-c-c-come on, let's go!" Jeremy responded, trying to make his voice sound more manly as he said it by deepening it. Christine giggled, obviously having noticed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy looked around nervously. He'd make sure everything was set up nicely, but what if Christine didn't like it? Should he have brought her to a theater instead or something?

Jeremy felt something touch his hand and fought the reflex to quickly yank it back. He looked to his right and saw Christine's hand holding onto his, and felt his heart flutter. She's touching my hand! He thought excitedly, Okay, Jeremy, this is your chance. Just turn, gently kiss her cheek, then quickly pull back and let her enjoy the fireworks that she's here to see. You can do this.

He turned his head so that he was looking straight at Christine, slowly went to kiss her...

And she quickly grinned, turned her head, and gave him a short peck on the lips before he was ready at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy reached nervously into his pocket, feeling the ring box that he was carrying. He threw a glance to Christine to make sure she wasn't looking, then took it out and looked over it again. He wanted to ask, but what if she said no? He quietly and carefully opened the box, looking at the ring he'd picked out. He hoped that she'd like it, but the idea of her not liking it was just another item on the long list of things that could go wrong. There was only one way it could go right, and he was starting to believe that it would never happen. He snuck another glance at Christine to make sure she didn't see, then put the ring back into his pocket.

Christine watched from the corner of her eye, checking to make sure Jeremy didn't see that she was looking. She smiled to herself. I wish he'd hurry up and ask, it's such a beautiful ring, and I can't wait to see that adorable grin I know he'll get when I say yes! She thought.

Christine had figured out about that ring a long time ago, but she wasn't sure how much longer she could wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy grinned. He'd waited so long for this day, but it was worth it to see how happy it made Christine. Jeremy looked up to see her smile as she twirled in her giant, poofy dress, which Jeremy had immediately recognized as her dress from when she was in the theater production of The Sound of Music that the local theater ran a few shows of. Christine caught his eye and smiled, so he stood up and began making his way towards her to dance.

"Christine Heere," He said with as confident as a smile as he could.

The two danced for a while, until Jeremy heard a loud call from the doorway. Christine giggled when she heard it, and let Jeremy go to where the noise came from.

"Michael makes an entrance!" Michael called out as he burst through the doorway. Jeremy grinned as he tried to carefully move through the groups of people.

"Michael!" He called, fist-bumping his old friend.

"Dude, I haven't seen you in forever! Where have you been?" He asked, then grinned as he looked over back at Christine, who was now making her way over, "Oh, wait, let me guess..." He said with a smirk, "Glad you finally asked her. You should've taken my advice all along, huh?"