Prologue

HUMAN CHILDREN: Sit down, child. Do not quail. With peace and love, we will prevail. If you climb along this trail, you will hear the UnderTale.

DETERMINATION: Hush now, little ones. I have a story for you. A story about Men and Monsters.

BRAVERY: Long ago, Men and Beasts ruled the earth and had their feasts.

JUSTICE: Then one day, came a war. Blood was as ne'er before.

KINDNESS: No monster will know love, no monster belongs in the world above.

INTEGRITY: Seal them Underground, let this barrier surround them. The humans, filled with DETERMINATION, won the war, and sealed the monsters deep beneath Mt. Ebott, creating the barrier that only a human or hybrid soul could pass.

PATIENCE: Many years, many tears, we live on, despite our fears. There's no chance, we could have won. Now we'll never see the sun.

PERSEVERANCE: Stones instead of stars above, we lost hopes and dreams and love. Angels cry from on high. Will they free us or will we die?

TRUST: No new friends come around. That's our life here on surface. While on high, sits our prince. Listen, you might hear him sing.

ASRIEL: So much blood, so much pain, just to see the sun again. One day soon, freedom shall ring. So proclaims the Monster Prince.

HUMAN CHILDREN: Now the years have gone by. A child climbs on high. Will they return from the mountain or will they surely die? A tale of the Underground, tonight we sing. A tale of human children and monster princes.

CHORUS: Sit down, children. Do not quail. Hopes and dreams will sure prevail. If you climb up along this trail, you will hear the UnderTale. X2