010

(Leslie's POV)

I stretch my arms and yawn as I lean back on my chair. I check the time on my watch and realize I still have five more minutes before the next patient. I pick up a clipboard and flip it over. I review the notes in there.

A patient identifies herself with someone. A celebrity in particular. The patient obsesses with this specific celebrity when she starts watching the films and series this actress starred in. It appears that she could relate to the characters' lives. At first, I try to ask her what she sees in this person. I was thinking maybe this could be the way of knowing her even more because it sounds like she's looking at this person as a mirror of herself. I thought I'll have a glimpse what goes inside her head as I listen to her talk about it. However, lately she sees the celebrity as a completely different person, as if living the characters she played in for real. She also develops feeling somehow for the fictional character as time goes by. I see that it's harmful for her if she continues to think that way because it will only lead her to more heartbreak if she's developing feelings for someone who isn't even real in the first place. No matter how much I try to talk her out of it, she just receives it differently and has tendency to misinterpret what I tell her. During our sessions, she seems disoriented with the things around her. 

One could be in extreme feeling of distress once confronted that what one believes is real is actually just made up. 

I hear a knock on the door. "Come in." I say as I stand and transfer to the other chair. The door opens, and and the patient enters with heavy shoulders and bloodshot eyes. She takes a seat on the couch.

"Hi, Leslie." She says.

"Hi Raven."

-end-