005

I still can't believe that Elise would just pop in front of me like that when I least expect it to see her.

"I'm sorry I just disappeared like that." She tells me while we walk on the pavement. "I went to your house but you weren't home."

"You must have had your reasons." I say, trying to contain my emotions. I feel upset, mad, happy, and excited that a part of me wants to embrace her.

"Aren't you gonna ask?"

"Are you gonna tell me?" I look at her, hoping she would but instead, she just looks at me with a sad smile.

"Have you started your garden?" She asks.

"No. I have no idea what to do with it." I tell her. She lets out a soft laugh.

"Okay, I promise." She stops and holds my hand. "I promise I'll work with you tomorrow morning."

I'm suspicious, and uncertain. I tell her, "I have work tomorrow..."

"Can't you just take a day off?" She asks.

"I'll try..." I reply since a big part of me thinks that she might be gone as soon as we part ways tonight.

She smiles at me, "so how are you?"

"I'm good. I uh... I was able to interact with your sisters." I tell her, waiting for a reaction.

"That's good. At least you got company. I hope they're not as bad..." She said, trailing off, which I'm quite surprised. If there is one thing they have in common, that would be they usually dismiss it when the topic is about their sister. They immediately get upset, but this time, she sounds like she means it.

"Yeah, so where have you been?" I ask.

"Anywhere. Everywhere."

"but here?"

She just nods.

"So you must be home now with Rain and Emma." I say. I am usually careful about bringing up the topic on sisters but this time, I just can't stop myself. I feel that I'm determined to find out something.

What I told her hardens the look on her face. "No. I can't be here with Emma or Rain. We can't be at the same place at the same time."

I stay quiet. I try to read between the lines of what she said, but somehow a thought that they must be in terribly bad terms to the point that they really can't be under the same roof.

"You really can't stand each other?" I ask. She didn't answer. She didn't say anything until we reach my place.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She says and smiles at me before walking to her house.

I get inside. I don't know what to feel. I've been longing for her and waiting for her ever since she disappeared, and now that she's here I can't find words to say.

It's probably because of the stupid thing I thought about her, about them. I don't wanna believe that she'll be here tomorrow since it happened to me twice already. But I'm also thinking, I haven't seen Elise that long, so maybe, if ever my hunch is correct, maybe tomorrow she's still Elise? Or maybe not, maybe she's Rain? Maybe someone else?

"Ughhhh" I groaned. This is really making my head hurt. What's with you Elise? What's the mystery inside that house? Who are you people?

I try to read something about multiple personality disorder, finding out that there's actually a more official term for that and it's called Dissociative Identity Disorder. I'm thinking whether I should try to find out if they or she fits in the criteria.