009

It's been a couple of months now since that revelation. It was one thing to speculate about it but it's another thing when someone confirms it. All the time, I thought it really doesn't make sense but those things I notice and all the vague things that happened. Now I know what they are. I didn't know why I invested myself in this girl. Yeah, I like her. I like Elise but that was just one part of her. Would I be able to like all of her?

I just found out from Marge her surname. Frias. They call her Ms. Frias. They don't know her first name though. So I don't really know which one was it. But I'll call her Elise for now as she's the one I spent most of the time with.

Her house is still quiet. I don't know if there's someone in there already. Maybe there was someone because the window is closed again. I have been inside the house one time and I wasn't really able to see everything. But it is huge. It is a two-story house, with several rooms on the second floor. It's living room has wide space, but what Elise said was true. It did look dull. The common areas looked dull but the bedrooms are different. Maybe one bedroom for one persona. Every room has different themes. It probably depends on the characteristics. I haven't seen the others properly like those I have seen.

I try to search about it but I am no expert to understand what it really is and all I know about her is that, she's indeed one person with different personalities. However as sisters. I read that they could be a totally different identity and unrelated to each other. She never even confirmed that they are sisters. She just went along with my assumptions. She never confirmed nor deny any of it. That's all. I can't make any conclusions or whatsoever. Leslie is right. Marge is right. I shouldn't concern myself too much. I shouldn't get myself involved with her. She never asked me for help. Why did I even think of that?

I just keep on with my life. Which now I realized, Elise is also right. It's boring. My job at the bookstore is boring. I hardly talk to anyone. When I do, it's about the books, availability and price. That's all. I walk to the river she also showed me. It wasn't pretty as it was at night. It was dull during the day. The water was also dirty. I guess the darkness during the night covers the ugliness of this place.

I don't know anymore. I see Marge from time to time. She gives me a jar of cookies sometimes, that I give back the others once they emptied out. The kid no longer runs around. I just see her walking quietly. I don't see her grandfather anymore. I don't know what happened to him.

I get headache almost every night so I take medicines for it. It works for me. But tonight I ran out of it. It's late so I try to sleep it off. I'll just head try to buy tomorrow.

...

I wake up late. I drag myself off the bed to start my day. I remember to buy painkillers today. It's actually good that there's something new in my routine. I walk around. People are just minding their own business. The weather is disgustingly good. The sun is out but it's not too hot.

I'm close to the pharmacy when I see a commotion on my way. There are lots of people holding up their phones and there a few with a professional camera. What are they taking pictures for? This spot is not much of a tourist destination. Someone steps out of a building with bodyguards around. People are screaming.

Then my eyes widened in shock. It's her. I run and make my way into the crowd.

"Elise!!!" I yell. "Rain! Emma! Frias!" I keep on yelling names because I don't even know what to call her. She could be someone. She could be in a different identity.

She's just smiling and waving to people. I didn't know she's this famous. I try to get close to her but the guards are trying to block me.

"I know her! We're friends!" I cry. "Let me get to her! We're neighbors." I try to get out of the guards' grasp and run to her. I'm able to touch her shoulder. She looks back to me with a surprised look on her face.

"Elise!" I say.

She smiles, "Hi?"

"I'm... I'm Raven!" I tell her. She's just smiling, "Hi Raven. Do you want an autograph?"

"What? No! We're neighbors. You're... you're Elise right? Rain? And Emma!"

She laughs, "Why, yes."

"See! I know her." I tell the guards as they still try to pull me away.

"Yes, so do we." One of them say.

"What?"

She walks inside a van and the guards leave me. The crowd follows her until the van disappears. I stand there in extreme confusion. I look at the building she was at earlier. There's a poster with her face saying, "fansign event with Lauren Carter." I walk close to it and read its details.

I feel like my soul leave my body as I also lose all my blood and suddenly I feel cold. Lauren Carter who's well known for playing different roles in films. Lauren Carter who's loved by many because of her character in a drama series as Rain. She got popular from playing the role of Emma in an action movie and she her most recent series just ended where she played as a rich heiress, named Elise.

My headache just got even worse that I ran. I ran to look for Marge. She wasn't there. The store's closed. The kid's not around. I walk to my house, then to the house next to it.

There's was none.