35

mark and johnny sat at the kitchen table at johnny's house, eating the breakfast johnny had prepared for them. until a loud knock was heard from the door.

"you stay here, i'll get it." johnny said, getting up from his chair. he walked to the door, and opened it to see a woman. she was korean, she stood there with a worried expression. "is mark there?"

"sorry, who are you?"
johnny responded in korean. "i'm his mom, please tell me he's with you. we haven't been able to contact him, because his dad took his phone...it's been two days." she claimed.

"mark is in the kitchen right now, but i'm unsure if he wants to see you. he's eating breakfast right now." johnny said awkwardly. "oh, um...that's alright then. but can you give this to him?" she asked.

she handed him mark's phone, "i really need to see him, me and his father haven't been on the best terms since the incident, which i know you are aware of. i'm truly sorry for my husband's actions."

"please do not apologize," johnny stopped her. "i understand. would you like me to ask mark first? it's the least i can do," mark's mom nodded, with a hopeful expression. "yes please, thank you."

johnny walked back to the kitchen, to see mark eating his food peacefully. "mark," johnny spoke. "your mom is here." he stated. "...my mom?" mark repeated. "yes, she wants to see you." johnny said.

mark got up from his chair, and followed johnny to his doorway. there stood his mother, worried, but also seemed relieved at the same time.

"mark," his mom gasped in relief. "come here, give me a hug." mark stood there, looking straight at her. he wasn't sure how to respond, he didn't know how he felt about this, he was scared truthfully.

"what happened to dad?" mark said in english. his mom stayed silent, pursing her lips. "he's still in the house, but he's not home right now."  mark sighed, "don't come back until he's gone. period."

"mark, stop this. just talk to her," johnny tried to convince the younger. "she's staying with someone who slapped me, and called my boyfriend a son of a bitch. no thank you." mark scoffed.

johnny got frustrated with the boy's stubbornness, "please mark." he pleaded one last time. mark sighed, before walking to his mom. he gave her a tight hug, with her responding almost instantly.

"i can't come back," mark choked out. "not until dad leaves, and i'll wait for however long it takes." his mom nodded, just trying to stay in the hug for as long as she could. "that's okay." she replied.

she pulled away, and cupped mark's face in her hands. "i've failed you as a mother," she admitted. "i should've just seen it sooner and left him before it even happened, how stupid of me..."

"you're not stupid," mark said, his lips trembling. "please don't say that," he said. "mark," she spoke. "when he's gone, i'll let you know as soon as possible, but for now i need you to stay with johnny."

"i don't want to explain the situation to his family," mark explained. "we have no choice," mark's mom frowned. "if the rest of the family finds out, then something worse might happen. i'm sorry,"

"where is johnny's mom? or dad?" mark's mom asked. "they're upstairs ms. lee." johnny spoke. "alright, may i please talk to them?" she asked and johnny nodded. "let me go get them, come inside."

they ended up in johnny's living room, and they were all seated as if it was some serious family meeting. 

"we're truly sorry the things your son had to go through," johnny's dad consoled. "don't apologize, i should apologize for the things that my husband said to your son." mark's mom said.

"mark can stay here as long as he likes," johnny's mom smiled. "he's always welcomed. i hope you and your husband can find an agreement of some sort or kind, these things are always difficult,"

she nodded, looking at mark. "i know, and it doesn't get any easier either."

+

hahaha already have a plan for the next chap