9

mark was siting at his desk, waiting for class to start when the girl who sat behind him came up to him.

"it's you isn't it?" the girl said, as mark looked up. she was pissed, and mark literally had no idea why she was mad at him. "sorry, have we met before?" he asked nervously, feeling extremely awkward.

"i sit behind you dumbo." she spat at him. "don't you know my name? i'm sophia." mark shook his head, "sorry...i don't know everyone's names yet. it's nice to meet you sophia?" he asked nervously.

"oh cut the chit chat mark pee. you stole johnny suh from me and i want him back." sophia gritted angrily. mark then gasped slightly at her words, so that's why she was mad? because of johnny?

"sorry, but the teacher assigned him to me...i-i have the proof right here-" mark said, as he took them out, only for it to be snatched from his grasp. "oh, well that's just bullshit mark." she laughed.

"sophia, what are you doing?"

sophia turned, and low and behold was johnny suh standing right in front of them both. "johnny! do you wanna be my partner for my interview project?" sophia said sweetly, batting her eyelashes.

"sorry, but mark is my partner. plus, i don't wanna be stuck with someone like you...no offense..." johnny said as he laughed a little, scratching the back of his neck. "rude!" sophia argued.

"what are you even doing here? you have class.." mark finally spoke, poking his head behind sophia. "well markie," johnny said. "i'm a senior, and my schedule only requires me to do three classes."

mark nodded, "oh uh, cool. i guess then i can just interview you here and stuff." sophia gasped, stomping her foot. "NO!!! johnny, please...i'll be your prom date cmon' please, please, please, please!!"

johnny shook his head no, "no can do. sorry, it is what it is." sophia huffed her cheeks in annoyance, "fine! not like i needed you anyway." she rolled her eyes before walking back to her friends.

+

johnny had invited mark after school to help him more with his project.

mark agreed obviously, seeing that it would be a huge benefit for both of them. also, it was friday which meant that the dinner johnny invited mark to prior, would also be taking place as well.

"mom, i'm home and i have mark with me." johnny said as he unlocked his door. mark looked around, taking his shoes off and putting on a pair of slippers before following johnny into the kitchen.

in korean and asian households, it was considered proper to take off your shoes and wear a pair of slippers or socks around the house. "johnny!!" his mom said in korean, as she ran to the two boys.

"so you're mark lee! so nice to meet you, and you are so handsome!!" his mom smiled, as she switched to mark and pinched his cheek. "do you speak korean?" she asked and mark nodded, "yes."

"you're so polite. dinner should be ready soon, johnny why don't you take mark to your room and you guys can play games or something?"
his mom suggested. "yeah sure mom." johnny replied.

mark walked up the stairs behind johnny to his room. "welcome to my room i guess." johnny said with a smile as they walked into his large and spacious room, with awards and medals around.

"you must have won a lot of medals." mark said, as he saw them scattered on his wall. "i've been getting them since freshmen year." johnny explained, looking at them next to mark. "it's a lot huh?"

mark nodded, reading them and seeing certificates too. "you must be really good then, right?" mark asked him. "i don't wanna seem cocky, but yeah you could say that." johnny said, as mark giggled.

+

mark pee