Chapter Three.

Immediately, the bell rang around 5:30am as Sophie's legs touched the ground she said "Thank you," she had learnt the attitude of being grateful even for the smallest thing.

She smiled to herself when she fingered the bracelet Francis bought for her on her thirteenth birthday with the word "Forever" engraved in it, she said thank you again.

She stood up went to the bathroom, had her bath and dressed up, went downstairs to the refectory and sat down to eat her fruit salad. Immediately, her roommates entered the refectory, Kim came to her said "hi" and sat next to her to eat.

"Kim, I'm going home today, could you cover up for me in class today?" Sophie asked Kim as she drank her orange juice.

"No problem, just bring something back for me,okay?" Kim said smiling.

"Did I hear food?" Amy one of Kim's roommate asked.

"Yes, Amy you did.I was just telling Sophie to bring back things for me when coming back," Kim said.

"Where to?" Amy asked.

"Home," she said.

"Can I follow you, I was just planning on going home," Amy asked looking expectantly at Sophie.

"Yeah, you could," Sophie said standing up.

"When are you leaving?" Amy asked Sophie.

"Twelve dot," she said and left.

At home.

As Sophie reached home, her sister and cousins ran towards her welcoming her and requesting for what she brought for them.

"Amanda,how are you?" Sophie asked her little sister when embraced by her.

"I'm fine,sis. What did you bring for me?" she asked beaming with smiles.

"Well won't I sit down first?" Sophie asked laughing as she looked admiringly at her sister who she called Mandy.

She couldn't believe her sister had grown so big since the past few years.

Mandy is a girl of twelve years with a fair complexion with bright black eyes and straight pointed nose with chocolate hair and red slender lips. Mandy is as bright as a lark, always happy and as cunning as a fox and hairy as a gorilla when silly she is as silly as a sheep.

"Let me get you something to eat," Mandy said as she ran as fast as a hare to the kitchen.

Sophie went to her room which she called her little haven, pictures of her favorite musicians were posted on the wall, funny and beautiful memories of the places she and Francis had gone to was also on the wall.

Francis was the guy Sophie Lyon felt most safe with which was unlike her, she always put her guard up around guys, she didn't want them to see her weakness. She was snapped out of her state of reverie by the persistent knocking on her door.

"Food is ready," Mandy said opening the door.

"Okay, thanks," she said.

She went to the dining table and prayed, when she opened her eyes and looked up, she saw her sister and cousins staring expectantly at her.

"What?" Sophie asked smiling.

"Our things," they replied in unison.

"After eating," Sophie said.

Sighing they sat down talking among themselves.

"Where is Mamy?" Sophie asked no one in particular.