Chapter 10

Staying at Brielle's house was a little uncomfortable

Staying at Brielle's house was a little uncomfortable. I'm glad that they welcomed us to their home and let us crashed into their couch until the situation back home has gone back to normal and I don't think that will happen sooner. I'm not limiting the chances that they will accept us soon because as much as they hated us, we were still their children. They may not accept the life we choose however, we don't wanna make them push to their core to accept us.

I've been struggling with my sexuality for so long that when I break out of the shell, it is a new world for me.

When I was about to leave, Lucho called me so I had to go back inside to check on him.

"What is it? I have a morning class, I don't wanna be late." I said.

"I know," he said nodding. "Mom called." And when he said that I feel like I was burying myself again.

"And what did she said?"

He took a deep breath as if taking enough courage to speak it out. "Well, she wants us to go back to our house but I said to her that we won't be coming unless the situation was okay with our father. And she said, she has been talking to father since we left and I think she understands a little bit of what we're going through right now so maybe she's on our side. So, in return, I said we will only return when we get to have a serious talk which can help our family bring in together."

"And?" I asked.

"She said if we're available tonight, they want us to meet us then. It's been two weeks already and we should tidy up all the messes that have happened. We should do it for the best and for our family."

"I know what your intentions are, Kuya. And I'm happy that they reach out to us after two weeks and I thought they wouldn't because I really thought they don't care about us. But if we moved back, I was gonna be alone there when you move in together with Pearl. I don't want to be around with them if they don't accept me. I'm free now, you know, Kuya. I'm living the life I wanted but if they will come in my way then I'll just turn my back at them and never look back."

"Listen, Mina..."

"No, Kuya. They just don't want to have a wrecked family but they're still gonna be so strict to us. I don't know if I can meet them tonight and if you think you're ready enough to do so, then go but I'm not going with you." I said and I pick up my back. "I should go now, I'll be going late."

"Mina," he called me once again but I didn't look back. "I hope you think about it too. I will still send you the place where we will meet and I'll see you there..."

When I took the bus going to school, I couldn't wash the thought out of my head. What Lucho said could really help us bring all back together but I don't think it is enough for me to be around them again. It's okay for me to face them but I'm not sure if they're ready to see me again and know that I'm not that little girl anymore because I'm really not that person anymore.